Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Is there a way to get the HTC One M8 back to 100% stock?

OP XxKINGxX2580

16th April 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #1  
XxKINGxX2580's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 64
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Hey guys I rooted my HTC One M8 a few days ago. But is there any way to get it to 100% stock again? If not, will it be available in the near future? Thanks.
20th April 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #2  
random1204's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
196 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKINGxX2580

Hey guys I rooted my HTC One M8 a few days ago. But is there any way to get it to 100% stock again? If not, will it be available in the near future? Thanks.

Not yet. There's no 100% stock rom out, nor is there an RUU available.

That's what you'd want to wait for, since the RUU is a complete stock rom. No ETA on that unfortunately.

Good luck!
20th April 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #3  
XxKINGxX2580's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 64
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by random1204

Not yet. There's no 100% stock rom out, nor is there an RUU available.

That's what you'd want to wait for, since the RUU is a complete stock rom. No ETA on that unfortunately.

Good luck!

And when the RUU is available for the T-Mobile variant, how do I know? Will it be on Android Development?
20th April 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #4  
otariq's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138
 
1,354 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
There's a thread with stock backup ROM. You can restore that and flash a stock recovery after.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
20th April 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #5  
Garmig's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 910
 
1,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKINGxX2580

Hey guys I rooted my HTC One M8 a few days ago. But is there any way to get it to 100% stock again? If not, will it be available in the near future? Thanks.

Here I posted a stock backup and recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714456

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Garmig For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #6  
XxKINGxX2580's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 64
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmig

Here I posted a stock backup and recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714456

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

And can I restore that backup if I ran the GPE RUU? Or do I have to wait until the stock RUU gets released?
21st April 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #7  
otariq's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138
 
1,354 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKINGxX2580

And can I restore that backup if I ran the GPE RUU? Or do I have to wait until the stock RUU gets released?

Look in that same thread where you did the gpe ruu. Post 2 has instructions on how to get back to sense. The two have different partitions so you can't simply flash a sense ROM after running gpe full conversion

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes