FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Is there a way to get the HTC One M8 back to 100% stock?

16th April 2014, 05:57 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Hey guys I rooted my HTC One M8 a few days ago. But is there any way to get it to 100% stock again? If not, will it be available in the near future? Thanks.

20th April 2014, 02:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKINGxX2580

Hey guys I rooted my HTC One M8 a few days ago. But is there any way to get it to 100% stock again? If not, will it be available in the near future? Thanks.

Not yet. There's no 100% stock rom out, nor is there an RUU available.

That's what you'd want to wait for, since the RUU is a complete stock rom. No ETA on that unfortunately.

Good luck!
20th April 2014, 03:19 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by random1204

Not yet. There's no 100% stock rom out, nor is there an RUU available.

That's what you'd want to wait for, since the RUU is a complete stock rom. No ETA on that unfortunately.

Good luck!

And when the RUU is available for the T-Mobile variant, how do I know? Will it be on Android Development?
20th April 2014, 06:10 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
There's a thread with stock backup ROM. You can restore that and flash a stock recovery after.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
20th April 2014, 04:48 PM |#5  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 950

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Here I posted a stock backup and recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714456

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Garmig For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 11:20 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmig

Here I posted a stock backup and recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714456

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

And can I restore that backup if I ran the GPE RUU? Or do I have to wait until the stock RUU gets released?
21st April 2014, 07:51 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:

And can I restore that backup if I ran the GPE RUU? Or do I have to wait until the stock RUU gets released?

Look in that same thread where you did the gpe ruu. Post 2 has instructions on how to get back to sense. The two have different partitions so you can't simply flash a sense ROM after running gpe full conversion

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread