Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Apps restricted via Google Play if ROOTED?

OP shmotog

20th April 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelly0727

I think there was a app called rootcloak and it hides root access, or something like that, you need xposed for it to work and if your already rooted might as well install xposed here's the link
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cheers bro ill check that out
20th April 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neu - smurph

Yep the restrictions on the Barclays app is the main reason I've left my Moto G stock.

What do the T&C's for your own banking app say? As far as I understand iit the worst case scenario is that your not covered for any loss if your bank account is hacked/defrauded AND the bank can categorically prove that the source of the hack was the app on a rooted device.

It does seem a bit ridiculous to me as there is nothing stopping anyone logging in to internet banking via their browser on a rooted phone, or for that matter on a computer in an Internet cafe somewhere which is IMHO far more risky. It's all about due diligence - if your account is defrauded and the bank can prove you haven't taken reasonable care with your bank cards / pin numbers / internet banking / connected apps and that is the cause of the fraud then you don't have the financial protection that you would get otherwise.

Yeah you're absolutely right. However HSBC, the one I'm with, installs fine, but in its terms and conditions it says dont install if youre rooted. So well I uninstalled it before I even logged in with it. I just do banking on my desktop pc now.

Another app I came across that doesnt work in 4OD. At same time BBC iPlayer works.
20th April 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neu - smurph

Yep the restrictions on the Barclays app is the main reason I've left my Moto G stock.

What do the T&C's for your own banking app say? As far as I understand iit the worst case scenario is that your not covered for any loss if your bank account is hacked/defrauded AND the bank can categorically prove that the source of the hack was the app on a rooted device.

It does seem a bit ridiculous to me as there is nothing stopping anyone logging in to internet banking via their browser on a rooted phone, or for that matter on a computer in an Internet cafe somewhere which is IMHO far more risky. It's all about due diligence - if your account is defrauded and the bank can prove you haven't taken reasonable care with your bank cards / pin numbers / internet banking / connected apps and that is the cause of the fraud then you don't have the financial protection that you would get otherwise.

Could you confirm something for me, have you come across a Call Recorder that works on your moto g? I'm on ANDROREC and it works fine on 4.3 but when I updated to kitkat it stopped. Thats the primary reason why I rooted in first place to have call recorder. Could you check that for me @Neu-smurph?
20th April 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelly0727

I think there was a app called rootcloak and it hides root access, or something like that, you need xposed for it to work and if your already rooted might as well install xposed here's the link
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

installed xposed, 4od or barclay still dont work.
21st April 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 51

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmotog

Could you confirm something for me, have you come across a Call Recorder that works on your moto g? I'm on ANDROREC and it works fine on 4.3 but when I updated to kitkat it stopped. Thats the primary reason why I rooted in first place to have call recorder. Could you check that for me @Neu-smurph?

It installs fine and appears to be working, but the recordings are empty - no audio.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread