Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 7 in car

OP Ted_rivers

20th April 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #11  
Flag spilimbergo (pn) italy
Thanks Meter: 5

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poi25

I've had my Nexus 7 "in my truck since last year. I at first had it sleep via Tasker, but I was having issues if I left my car for awhile. The batterywwould be low and if I didn't have long drives, I could never rechargeit to ssufficient battery fullness.

I changed my setup to have the tablet power on upon receiving AC ignitionpower using this adb command:

Then I have Tasker turn it off after minute not being used. I'm sure it's not good for the Nexus 7 to always be at 100% power, but I don't care about the batter health because I purchased this for my truck only.

My only concern now, is the safety of the battery in AZ summer heat. I don'twant it to explode, and iI'm wondering if the tablet will function with AC power only, then I could remove the battery and not worry about it.

How are about temperature there? How is your setup into truck? I mean n7 is into the Dash? Or You have some support? Anyway maybe your technical questions will be better answering on developer forum (If You have installed usb rom by timur)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
21st April 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 74

405 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious84

How are about temperature there? How is your setup into truck? I mean n7 is into the Dash? Or You have some support? Anyway maybe your technical questions will be better answering on developer forum (If You have installed usb rom by timur)

The temperature gets to almost 120F (48.8C) in the summer, and that's outside the vehicle. I took a dremel to my dash and modified it to mount the nexus 7. It's clean and looks just about stock. I made a wooden box to the dimensions of double DIN, and put the mounting brackets on either side. I used sticky tape to mount a nexus 7 matte black case to the front of the box, so when I slide the box into the double din area it lines it up perfectly. Then I just snapped the dash back into place over the top of the Nexus 7. So, the tablet is basically built into my truck.
The Following User Says Thank You to dimex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #13  
Flag spilimbergo (pn) italy
Thanks Meter: 5

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poi25

The temperature gets to almost 120F (48.8C) in the summer, and that's outside the vehicle. I took a dremel to my dash and modified it to mount the nexus 7. It's clean and looks just about stock. I made a wooden box to the dimensions of double DIN, and put the mounting brackets on either side. I used sticky tape to mount a nexus 7 matte black case to the front of the box, so when I slide the box into the double din area it lines it up perfectly. Then I just snapped the dash back into place over the top of the Nexus 7. So, the tablet is basically built into my truck.

I saw photoes after i posted .
48C wow.... In italy it s hard when there are 35...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread