XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "WD8801" 2DIN Android 4.04 Car Head Unit with Quad-Core 1.7GHz

Tip us?

nE0sIghT
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakey83 View Post
Are you getting this unit still @nE0sIghT or did you just get a refund?
I'm in exchange process now. After (and if) i receive this new unit i will sell it
Linux 3.xx.x-gentoo SMP PREEMPT x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Drakey83
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nE0sIghT View Post
I'm in exchange process now. After (and if) i receive this new unit i will sell it
Well, I am really mad that I was lied to but I already put $100 into getting my unit installed so I don't want to lose out on that money. Plus it seems to run all the programs that I want it to right now so I guess I am going to keep mine.
I love lamp!

chipped
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sigh... I've given up on this one.

*puts on **** list*

typos1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipped View Post
Sigh... I've given up on this one.

*puts on **** list*
And me, thats a MASSIVE downgrade.

Its between the AN21-U and the Huifei unit for me now : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2660662

The Huifei guys have already unlocked the bootloader and there are so many other devices with those Rockchip processors out there (such as Andorid TV boxes/sticks) with loads of existing hacks and mods (such as running full desktop Ubuntu !) already available seems like its the best and most versatile option.
Motorola m301 - Ericsson PF768 - Ericsson T28 - Siemans SL45 - Panasonic GD87e - SPV E200 (HTC Voyager) - SPV C500 (HTC Typhoon) - SPV C550 (HTC Hurricane) - O2 XDA Graphite (Asus Jupiter) - Samsung Omnia - Samsung Galaxy S2 - Newman N2 - Oppo Find 5

toologic
Old
(Last edited by toologic; 19th April 2014 at 09:18 PM.) Reason: ps
Thanks Meter 3
I got HU, but Chuck send me Telechips 893x (2 core) 1Gb android 4.2.2 and NOT worked touch (bottom part screen) instead Exynos 4412 (4 core) 2Gb + 8Gb
Son of a bitch
I open dispute and I demand a full refund without returning HU

PS. He fed me the month promises that soon all will do okay. Minor problems with the android, but soon soon send you new high tested device. And so he sent me ****. He just lied to me all this time

Drakey83
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by toologic View Post
I got HU, but Chuck send me Telechips 893x (2 core) 1Gb android 4.2.2 and NOT worked touch (bottom part screen) instead Exynos 4412 (4 core) 2Gb + 8Gb
Son of a bitch
I open dispute and I demand a full refund without returning HU

PS. He fed me the month promises that soon all will do okay. Minor problems with the android, but soon soon send you new high tested device. And so he sent me ****. He just lied to me all this time
I feel for you. Same thing happened to me. Sorry buddy.
I love lamp!

Zaphod-Beeblebrox
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakey83 View Post
Yeah, I just checked. I'm FURIOUS! I'm disputing my order for false advertising and asking for $150 off my order. I already have the unit in my car so I'm not sending it back. I just want him to give me $150 off my order and then just never even think of using aliexpress.com ever again! So do they just not even make the quad core units anymore or did they just send me the wrong unit?

Also do you know what this new update does and how to start the update process?
Drakey,
Have you checked/confirmed that the unit even has the 1024*600 display?

Tags
2din, car, chinese, head unit