Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,273 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Security apk as trojan

Tip us?

mydonose
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Security apk as trojan

Hi people, be aware. A trojan with the name "security patch apk" from AOL comes as a internet link. Don't tick on it!
I installed it but bitdefender tells me a virus. Is it enough to cancel it? What would you do? Factory reset? Or only cancel this app?

Sent from my Gal4xy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mydonose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mirroalex
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydonose View Post
Hi people, be aware. A trojan with the name "security patch apk" from AOL comes as a internet link. Don't tick on it!
I installed it but bitdefender tells me a virus. Is it enough to cancel it? What would you do? Factory reset? Or only cancel this app?

Sent from my Gal4xy
from AOL? you mean application or website ?? anyway if you didn't install that apk i don't think it will be any problem but just to be safe you can use ROM NUKE and also delete rom related folders on your external sd card.

mydonose
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
I've got a mail from my work colleague. He is on AOL. I've installed and deleted the apk with bitdefender

Sent from my Gal4xy

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydonose View Post
I've got a mail from my work colleague. He is on AOL. I've installed and deleted the apk with bitdefender

Sent from my Gal4xy
Ask your friend if he sent you anything, first. Most likely, not him but someone else. That would give your colleague info that his email has been compromised and/or his PC/phone has a virus on it.
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505

John_wba
Old
Thanks Meter 991
Linux doesn't get viruses, what you have is something made to look like a virus for scare purposes. You are safe.

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hit thanks if I have helped.