Security apk as trojan

OP mydonose

20th April 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54

370 posts
Hi people, be aware. A trojan with the name "security patch apk" from AOL comes as a internet link. Don't tick on it!
I installed it but bitdefender tells me a virus. Is it enough to cancel it? What would you do? Factory reset? Or only cancel this app?

Sent from my Gal4xy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mydonose For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 77

452 posts
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydonose

Hi people, be aware. A trojan with the name "security patch apk" from AOL comes as a internet link. Don't tick on it!
I installed it but bitdefender tells me a virus. Is it enough to cancel it? What would you do? Factory reset? Or only cancel this app?

Sent from my Gal4xy

from AOL? you mean application or website ?? anyway if you didn't install that apk i don't think it will be any problem but just to be safe you can use ROM NUKE and also delete rom related folders on your external sd card.
20th April 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54

370 posts
I've got a mail from my work colleague. He is on AOL. I've installed and deleted the apk with bitdefender

Sent from my Gal4xy
20th April 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 186

931 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydonose

I've got a mail from my work colleague. He is on AOL. I've installed and deleted the apk with bitdefender

Sent from my Gal4xy

Ask your friend if he sent you anything, first. Most likely, not him but someone else. That would give your colleague info that his email has been compromised and/or his PC/phone has a virus on it.
21st April 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 1,011

1,297 posts
More
Linux doesn't get viruses, what you have is something made to look like a virus for scare purposes. You are safe.

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread