I'm on adb and have found the following:
1. There is no shell on the phone. So any chance to access internal commands seems a long shot.
"- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -"
2. adb can't remount /system as R/W. This is preventing me from doing just about any pushing/recovery flashing.
"remount failed: Success"
3. I'm on a mac... no flashing tools seem to exist. The one I found needs adb and I get to see the same errors, just in a different setting.
4. I can supposedly use adbd as root, but that doesn't afford me much.
5. I can confirm that a device ID shows up with adb devices command.
I just need to get a recovery back on this phone. I just want it to live again. Any hope? Any ideas?