Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't install roms

Tip us?

AndroidMan24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Can't install roms

Hi everyone

I've been having this problem with my note 2 where after i factory reset, wipe cache, etc. and then instal a rom; I get a message "E: Can't open /storage/sdcard1/MeanBean_v2.0_Supe(Bad)
Installation aboard.

Can someone please help me with this. It's very frustrating and limiting in terms of what I can do with my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ojai00
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidMan24 View Post
Hi everyone

I've been having this problem with my note 2 where after i factory reset, wipe cache, etc. and then instal a rom; I get a message "E: Can't open /storage/sdcard1/MeanBean_v2.0_Supe(Bad)
Installation aboard.

Can someone please help me with this. It's very frustrating and limiting in terms of what I can do with my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Which recovery are you using? If TWRP, I would back up any contents on your Internal Storage and do an advanced wipe where you wipe all except for External SD card and USB OTG three times. Then try to reinstall the ROM and see if you can get any further. If the same message appears, try backing up the contents of your external SD card and do a format when connected to a computer. Copy the contents back and retry the ROM flash.
Samsung SGH-I317 on T-Mobile with AWS Mod

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1196
And try a later version of TWRP like 2.6.3.1 or later.
Thanks Meter 1169

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4743

DONATE TO ME
Anybody think he could jusT have a bad downloaded file of the ROM. Which is stopping it from working correct...
But I might be wrong lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom I'm using with zero issues...
[4.4.2]DN3 V5(Ditto Note 3)