5,604,730 Members 32,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G, bad screen. :/

Tip us?

ObliviousSheep
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same problem with my first device, but so far so good on the second one.

jaspreet997
Old
Thanks Meter 69
In india they are shipping it with charger nd headphones...makes you wonder hmm

Vedarshi
Old
Thanks Meter 24
So I found out that my Moto G had the same issue. I didn't do anything about it, I thought it was a software bug. But when the same bug was on CM, I realized it's my device. It got pretty frustrating to see all these yellow spots on perfectly white displays. The good news is that I managed to fix it.

In case anyone else has this same problem, I recommend that you send it back if possible. If not, here's a solution that worked for me
1. Install this : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haxor
2. Set it to 80%
There will be absolutely no more of these annoying yellow patches anymore. I guarantee it.
A proud Moto G user!
Running CyanogenMod 11.

FaultyFirmware
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I, too, have seen this issue. In the brightest highlights of white, yellow replaces white. My best guess is that this is a sign of a failing GPU or video memory. It is either a hardware issue or a very low-level software issue. It is definitely not the normal behavior for the Moto G. The workaround by Vedarshi will allow you not to see the yellow, but also lowers the maximum brightness available to you, so it is not a true solution. For those who have seen this problem, has it always been on receipt of the devices or has this shown up over time for anyone?

Vedarshi
Old
Thanks Meter 24
It's been there from day 1. I personally do not feel that my screen looks dim. It is still readable, even in sunlight.
A proud Moto G user!
Running CyanogenMod 11.