FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[Q] S-OFF Impossible

227 posts
Thanks Meter: 46
 
By aromerblz, Senior Member on 19th April 2014, 10:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So can we safely say that S-OFF for the tegra HOX is impossible? Atleast not by shipping your phone so it can be done else where?
 
 
19th April 2014, 10:29 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz

So can we safely say that S-OFF for the tegra HOX is impossible? Atleast not by shipping your phone so it can be done else where?

In theory, it's not impossible.. I still have hope..
19th April 2014, 10:37 PM |#3  
aromerblz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
my backyard
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisDias

In theory, it's not impossible.. I still have hope..

I've read a million and one threads about an S-OFF method for the masses but all seem to have hit a dead end. More over I don't see any new developments on this. But I do still have hope that one day it will be possible.
20th April 2014, 12:54 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz

So can we safely say that S-OFF for the tegra HOX is impossible? Atleast not by shipping your phone so it can be done else where?

You need a y cable, htc signed javacard and a clean s58 diag file

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th April 2014, 02:18 PM |#5  
aromerblz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
my backyard
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiselW

You need a y cable, htc signed javacard and a clean s58 diag file

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah we know what the required tools are. But how to get them..that's been the biggest issue ever since. If repairshops that are non- HTC can do them.. How they got the signed Java card and clean S58 diag file? A real mystery.. Maybe they found another way around it.
20th April 2014, 05:27 PM |#6  
Mr Hofs's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 10,584
 
Donate to Me
More
Please spend your time useful, after 2 years of efforts/testing/searching for s-off there is no s-off for the masses. It will stay that way........
21st April 2014, 12:32 AM |#7  
aromerblz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
my backyard
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Please spend your time useful, after 2 years of efforts/testing/searching for s-off there is no s-off for the masses. It will stay that way........

Maybe to some people it's a waste of time but others still have hope.. and "It will stay that way........"
21st April 2014, 07:52 AM |#8  
Mr Hofs's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 10,584
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz

Maybe to some people it's a waste of time but others still have hope.. and "It will stay that way........"

ow you are free to wait as long as you like, but for the masses it really isn't going to happen
21st April 2014, 03:13 PM |#9  
aromerblz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
my backyard
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

ow you are free to wait as long as you like, but for the masses it really isn't going to happen

Yeah that's what a plan to do..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes