Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more
Post Reply

[Q] 4.4 - contacts not showing in car audio system

OP nalab1

25th March 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #1  
nalab1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunstable
Thanks Meter: 39
 
637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Hi!

I upgraded my z1 from 4.2.2 (I was on this release because of Bluetooth issues with my car handsfree audio system running 4.3 as in it did not work!)

The good news is that it will now connect and allow me to use the handsfree in my car but will not display/upload the contacts. It does pop-up with a message asking me to confirm that I want to allow access to the call lists and contacts but the contacts are empty when I select them from the car audio system. The call lists display with no problems. I just wondered if there was an issue with my contacts and how they are stored on the phone... (they are synced with my google account)

I have not had any other issues with the 4.4 upgrade at all!

Any help will be appreciated!

Regards,

Alan
Last edited by nalab1; 26th March 2014 at 04:13 PM. Reason: changed title...
26th March 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #2  
nalab1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunstable
Thanks Meter: 39
 
637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Update:

I have tried the following -

I have unpaired and re-paired and even tried that with the phone in safe mode but still no joy! Call lists are still there and the handsfree functions are sill working, I just wondered if there was a problem with my contacts

I deleted all of my contacts and added a test contact and then unpaired and re-paired the phone to my car audio (it asked for permission to view the contacts/call lists which I granted) and it still cannot see the phonebook. The call lists are there but the phonebook is empty.. Has anyone any suggestions on how to fix this?


Any help or suggestions to fix this will be appreciated!

Regards,

Alan
26th March 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
For me on 4.2 and 4.3 it took a good while (I mean, like 2-3 minutes to upload the contacts), but it finally worked... Let it load for a while and then give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalab1

Update:

I have tried the following -

I have unpaired and re-paired and even tried that with the phone in safe mode but still no joy! Call lists are still there and the handsfree functions are sill working, I just wondered if there was a problem with my contacts

I deleted all of my contacts and added a test contact and then unpaired and re-paired the phone to my car audio (it asked for permission to view the contacts/call lists which I granted) and it still cannot see the phonebook. The call lists are there but the phonebook is empty.. Has anyone any suggestions on how to fix this?


Any help or suggestions to fix this will be appreciated!

Regards,

Alan

The Following User Says Thank You to pdaaalex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #4  
nalab1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunstable
Thanks Meter: 39
 
637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaaalex

For me on 4.2 and 4.3 it took a good while (I mean, like 2-3 minutes to upload the contacts), but it finally worked... Let it load for a while and then give it a try.

Hi pdaaalex,

Thank you for your reply. What car system have you got? Mine is a Navi800 in a Vauxhall Insignia.

Regards,

Alan
26th March 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalab1

Hi pdaaalex,

Thank you for your reply. What car system have you got? Mine is a Navi800 in a Vauxhall Insignia.

Regards,

Alan

I've tested it over a range of bluetooth devices and on 2 car systems (stock audi both of them) and every single time I had the same issue. It was specially bad with some Backbeat BT headphones, where it took much longer to show contacts....
The Following User Says Thank You to pdaaalex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #6  
nalab1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunstable
Thanks Meter: 39
 
637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaaalex

I've tested it over a range of bluetooth devices and on 2 car systems (stock audi both of them) and every single time I had the same issue. It was specially bad with some Backbeat BT headphones, where it took much longer to show contacts....

I will give it a go tomorrow.. and try and be patient! I will let you know how it goes!

Regards,

Alan
27th March 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #7  
nalab1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunstable
Thanks Meter: 39
 
637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Hi pdaaalex,

I tried unpairing and re-pairing and waited for about 6-7 minutes but the contracts did not show... call lists did and the handsfree worked... Stumped now!

Regards,

Alan
21st April 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalab1

Hi pdaaalex,

I tried unpairing and re-pairing and waited for about 6-7 minutes but the contracts did not show... call lists did and the handsfree worked... Stumped now!

Regards,

Alan

I don't know, I updated yesterday to 4.4 (iHackers 4.1) and BT works like a charm, before it took like 5 minutes to download the contacts, but as of now, it takes seconds... BT works as it should work (same speed & performance as I used to have in samsung)...

You can always try some BT mapper to try to use Google now to dial instead of the BT dialer or something like that...

Sorry I cannot help you more...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank