Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4 - contacts not showing in car audio system

Tip us?

nalab1
Old
(Last edited by nalab1; 26th March 2014 at 04:13 PM.) Reason: changed title...
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Question [Q] 4.4 - contacts not showing in car audio system

Hi!

I upgraded my z1 from 4.2.2 (I was on this release because of Bluetooth issues with my car handsfree audio system running 4.3 as in it did not work!)

The good news is that it will now connect and allow me to use the handsfree in my car but will not display/upload the contacts. It does pop-up with a message asking me to confirm that I want to allow access to the call lists and contacts but the contacts are empty when I select them from the car audio system. The call lists display with no problems. I just wondered if there was an issue with my contacts and how they are stored on the phone... (they are synced with my google account)

I have not had any other issues with the 4.4 upgrade at all!

Any help will be appreciated!

Regards,

Alan
Sony Xperia Z1 on Vodafone - on rooted .108
Nexus 7 - Stock, not rooted!

nalab1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Update:

I have tried the following -

I have unpaired and re-paired and even tried that with the phone in safe mode but still no joy! Call lists are still there and the handsfree functions are sill working, I just wondered if there was a problem with my contacts

I deleted all of my contacts and added a test contact and then unpaired and re-paired the phone to my car audio (it asked for permission to view the contacts/call lists which I granted) and it still cannot see the phonebook. The call lists are there but the phonebook is empty.. Has anyone any suggestions on how to fix this?

Any help or suggestions to fix this will be appreciated!

Regards,

Alan

pdaaalex
Old
Thanks Meter 7
For me on 4.2 and 4.3 it took a good while (I mean, like 2-3 minutes to upload the contacts), but it finally worked... Let it load for a while and then give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalab1 View Post
Update:

I have tried the following -

I have unpaired and re-paired and even tried that with the phone in safe mode but still no joy! Call lists are still there and the handsfree functions are sill working, I just wondered if there was a problem with my contacts

I deleted all of my contacts and added a test contact and then unpaired and re-paired the phone to my car audio (it asked for permission to view the contacts/call lists which I granted) and it still cannot see the phonebook. The call lists are there but the phonebook is empty.. Has anyone any suggestions on how to fix this?

Any help or suggestions to fix this will be appreciated!

Regards,

Alan
Z1 with iHackers 4.1
The Following User Says Thank You to pdaaalex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nalab1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaaalex View Post
For me on 4.2 and 4.3 it took a good while (I mean, like 2-3 minutes to upload the contacts), but it finally worked... Let it load for a while and then give it a try.
Hi pdaaalex,

Thank you for your reply. What car system have you got? Mine is a Navi800 in a Vauxhall Insignia.

Regards,

Alan

pdaaalex
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Hi pdaaalex,

Thank you for your reply. What car system have you got? Mine is a Navi800 in a Vauxhall Insignia.

Regards,

Alan
I've tested it over a range of bluetooth devices and on 2 car systems (stock audi both of them) and every single time I had the same issue. It was specially bad with some Backbeat BT headphones, where it took much longer to show contacts....
Z1 with iHackers 4.1
The Following User Says Thank You to pdaaalex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nalab1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaaalex View Post
I've tested it over a range of bluetooth devices and on 2 car systems (stock audi both of them) and every single time I had the same issue. It was specially bad with some Backbeat BT headphones, where it took much longer to show contacts....
I will give it a go tomorrow.. and try and be patient! I will let you know how it goes!

Regards,

Alan

nalab1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Hi pdaaalex,

I tried unpairing and re-pairing and waited for about 6-7 minutes but the contracts did not show... call lists did and the handsfree worked... Stumped now!

Regards,

Alan

pdaaalex
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Hi pdaaalex,

I tried unpairing and re-pairing and waited for about 6-7 minutes but the contracts did not show... call lists did and the handsfree worked... Stumped now!

Regards,

Alan
I don't know, I updated yesterday to 4.4 (iHackers 4.1) and BT works like a charm, before it took like 5 minutes to download the contacts, but as of now, it takes seconds... BT works as it should work (same speed & performance as I used to have in samsung)...

You can always try some BT mapper to try to use Google now to dial instead of the BT dialer or something like that...

Sorry I cannot help you more...
Z1 with iHackers 4.1