Flag Athens, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 179

307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duggerdude

ok finally worked.

So the issue was, first as CAG-man said, don't delete *s when copy and pasting but also do delete the first $ thats before su.

I did not even catch that myself. Now I see it in the screenshots. Yes, in Unix and Unix type systems such as Linux, which android sits on top of, the user does not need to enter the $ or #. $ is the prompt that the system is ready for standard user input. # is the prompt that the system is ready for master user "root" input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd March 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
screwed
Ok so unroot worked but didn't. Because the custom flag is still flown it is not allowing the ota kitkat update. Don't know what to do next here will flashing stock trip knox?
3rd March 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #13  
Flag Athens, Ohio

307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Strange. I've never seen that before with this unroot method. Strangely enough my 4.3 update came even though I was flagged custom. Usually it dissapears within a few minutes or several reboots. Of the unroot. If it doesn't dissapear, the only thing I could think of is to re root with that saferoot method in the first post of that thread then do the unroot again to make sure it does it completely. I'm guessing soemthing didn't go in the few times you might have tried. The SU binary is all that is really needed for the root itself. SO if that is not there then yes you are unrooted, but if something else lingers like busybox it would still trigger the custom flag. If this doesn't work. I would try odin. I have never used ODIN for the I337 before so I can't give you any pointers there.

I did have my 4.3 rooted with saferoot and unrooted to get the kit kat update if that gives you hope.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium HD app
3rd March 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Battery Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG-man

Strange. I've never seen that before with this unroot method. Strangely enough my 4.3 update came even though I was flagged custom. Usually it dissapears within a few minutes or several reboots. Of the unroot. If it doesn't dissapear, the only thing I could think of is to re root with that saferoot method in the first post of that thread then do the unroot again to make sure it does it completely. I'm guessing soemthing didn't go in the few times you might have tried. The SU binary is all that is really needed for the root itself. SO if that is not there then yes you are unrooted, but if something else lingers like busybox it would still trigger the custom flag. If this doesn't work. I would try odin. I have never used ODIN for the I337 before so I can't give you any pointers there.

I did have my 4.3 rooted with saferoot and unrooted to get the kit kat update if that gives you hope.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium HD app

Well tomorrow I'll give it a shot I will video it and post the video if it doesn't work the second time around and maybe we can pinpoint where the problem is.
6th March 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #15  
Flag Athens, Ohio

307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well tomorrow I'll give it a shot I will video it and post the video if it doesn't work the second time around and maybe we can pinpoint where the problem is.

Did you get it to unroot successfully?

6th March 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG-man

Did you get it to unroot successfully?

I haven't had time been busy but been talking with the saferoot creator and he says best bet flash to stock. So I'm just gonna do that he said the re root and re unroot might work and might take a few times but the flash is gonna be quick and painless and no knox trip no troubles. He also updated the saferoot unroot section with our more enlightening information.
21st April 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I've tried this...
Quote:

I haven't had time been busy but been talking with the saferoot creator and he says best bet flash to stock. So I'm just gonna do that he said the re root and re unroot might work and might take a few times but the flash is gonna be quick and painless and no knox trip no troubles. He also updated the saferoot unroot section with our more enlightening information.

...numerous times but still get the ODIN download screen when I re-boot. (Samsung S4 ATT, 4.3)

Any questions and/or advise welcome! I've all but resigned myself to having 4.3 for the life of this phone...
Last edited by Daijoki; 21st April 2014 at 04:19 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread