Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Milestone 3 - CyanogenMod and no service

Tip us?

giggybyte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Milestone 3 - CyanogenMod and no service

I already had the entire thread typed out, and then I went to preview it, and then the page went white and I lost all my work. gg no re, let's try this again

I own a Motorola Milestone 3. It's like the Droid 3, but the Milestone 3 is made by nTelos. The only difference between the two phones is the network that they use. nTelos doesn't use SIM cards.

I flashed CyanogenMod using SafeStrap. I had to use a Droid 3 ROM because none exist for the Milestone 3. The flash went well, everything worked, but I don't have any service. I tried playing around with the mobile carrier options and setting it to CDMA, but that didn't work.

Strangely, the notification bar says I have one new voicemail, and under that, it says to dial *86. On my stock ROM, I had one new voicemail, but I have to dial my own number to get to voicemail, and not whatever *86 is. (I was too lazy to call myself to get rid of that one voicemail.)

Am I screwed, or is there a solution? Thanks in advance!

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1187
Cm7, cm9, cm10...?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

giggybyte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
Cm7, cm9, cm10...?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
CM10, because it's the only version available to download.

I followed the tutorial on the CM wiki to flash it on my phone. I googled "droid 3 cyanogenmod" to find it.
In that tutorial was the download link to the CM10 nightly builds for the Droid 3. I think I mentioned in the OP that nightly builds were the only option.
I can't provide direct links because the 10 post limit.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1187
what is the model # for your phone on label under battery? XT861
do you have a sim card slot? with the XT862 a sim card is needed for CM10 even on CDMA see D3 JB Airplane Mode issue. ***SOLVED WITH SOLUTION***
or it could be an APN issue.
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

giggybyte
Old
(Last edited by giggybyte; 22nd April 2014 at 02:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
what is the model # for your phone on label under battery? XT861
do you have a sim card slot? with the XT862 a sim card is needed for CM10 even on CDMA see D3 JB Airplane Mode issue. ***SOLVED WITH SOLUTION***
or it could be an APN issue.
It's an XT861. I think I have a SIM card slot; it's wider than the microSD card slot and it sits just below the battery. I doubt I do, but I'll see if I have an old SIM card lying around somewhere.

Update:
I don't have a SIM card. I've tried playing around with the APN settings, but that didn't work. I googled nTelos APN settings, but I'll see if I can find anything else.

Update two:
Can't find anything to help my situation and I don't feel like going out and getting a SIM card. I don't think messing with my APN settings are going to help anything, because on my stock ROM settings app, the APN menu (or whatever you wanna call it) is grayed out. Therefore, I assume configuring it isn't gonna help my cause if the stock ROM doesn't even use them.