Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] i9505 only getting G/E in mobile data indicator

OP ramonster14

21st April 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hi guys im a new android user. i bought my i9505 galaxy s4 3 weeks ago and everything is working perfectly except the mobile data. i can only connect to E/G signals with it (which doesnt really do anything because i cant even check emails). its on LTE/3G/WCDMA/GSM(automatically) setting and the APN is the correct settings with the carrier in my country(philippines). i tried my sim on a different i9505 phone and it was able to connect to 4g so i guess the carrier/sim being the problem is ruled out. i have restored to factory settings/rebooted multiple times and am still unsuccessful. the phone's IMEI is not blacklisted or banned and it is intact(dont really know what that means but it shows a long series of numbers and im not really sure its safe to post it here). My carrier also supports the frequencies listed on what the phone has. i have not installed any custom firmwares and have not re installed any official releases.

i would really appreciate it if someone can help me fix this problem. could it be a software problem or a hardware problem(praying it isn't)?

my phone specs are
GT-i9505 samsung galaxy s4
android version:4.3
baseband:i9505XXUEMJ7
kernel version: 3.4.0-1765174 se.infra@SEP-106#1 tue oct15 16:14:54 KST
Build number: JSS15J.I19505XXUEMJ7
SELinux: Enforcing SEPF_GT-I9505_4.3_0010

if you need me to put any more info just tell me
Last edited by ramonster14; 21st April 2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: additional info
21st April 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 225

404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Go Settings > More networks > Mobile networks > Network mode > select WCDMA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread