Ask a question

No registration required

No Call.answering app?!

OP jmjjaison

21st April 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

39 posts
I was just going through the play store to find an app which will answer my calls automatically and play a recorded message and record their message after a beep. But to my surprise I couldn't find a single working app! Can someone just let me know if there is any such app? If no then can someone make it?

Sent from my C1904 using xda app-developers app
21st April 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag anywhere
Thanks Meter: 39

84 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjjaison

I was just going through the play store to find an app which will answer my calls automatically and play a recorded message and record their message after a beep. But to my surprise I couldn't find a single working app! Can someone just let me know if there is any such app? If no then can someone make it?

reflash your firmware or just flash (.zip) a rom
21st April 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 390

881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDASenior

reflash your firmware or just flash (.zip) a rom

That wasn't the question what was asked. The OP is after an answerphone app, preferably not their network answerphone.

Anyway, OP. I don't think it is possible to create such an app, you would need to take over the phone state and then answer the call on incoming and then take and store a message. It may be possible however, I don't think it would be though.

Sent From My C1905
21st April 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

39 posts
This is an app which answers the call 'https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elpis.answer_machine'
..is meant to answer with a recorded message and also record the callers voice message (but doesn't do any of those except the call auto answer).
So I believe there can be such an app if some better app developer goes for it.

21st April 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag stamatis∈A, A=∅
Thanks Meter: 1,101

2,943 posts
I think that what you are looking for is a carrier's service and not an app one, but there may be apps for this work too....

Go to settings>Call settings>Voicemail, choose Service>My carrier and in the Setup>Voicemail number place the number of your voicemail(You can find this number from your carrier). Then you can call your carrier's voicemail setup for the rest...

I never needed/used something like this so I'm not 100% sure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread