Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reset Phone & Battery Now Reads 1%

Tip us?

Noel2255
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Plug [Q] Reset Phone & Battery Now Reads 1%

Hello, today I was leaving church and my phone had no signal for about 30 minutes in an area I knew had Sprint service. So I restarted the phone having 80% battery and when the phone turned back on it was on 1%. It won't go back to reading the actual battery percentage, and the phone has been on for 2 hours since this happened so the phone really isn't on 1% battery. Any suggestions on what happened or what I should do?

Sim-X
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel2255 View Post
Hello, today I was leaving church and my phone had no signal for about 30 minutes in an area I knew had Sprint service. So I restarted the phone having 80% battery and when the phone turned back on it was on 1%. It won't go back to reading the actual battery percentage, and the phone has been on for 2 hours since this happened so the phone really isn't on 1% battery. Any suggestions on what happened or what I should do?
I would shut it off let is sit for a while, then charge it without the phone on using the OEM charger. They unplug fire it back up. If that doesn't do anything, I would hard reset it.

Konfuzion
Old
Thanks Meter 220
If you have root maybe try battery calibration from the play store.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Rydah805
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,150

DONATE TO ME
yesterday, my phone was stuck at 100% it wouldnt change on reboot or anything. I ran the battery calibration and nothing. what worked, was shutting off for a few minutes. weirdly even recovery would report 100%. after being off for a while, it showed the proper battery at 52%. so weird. fine now though!

ThisIzRydah.com
Check Me Out On The Google Play Store!!!
Check Me Out On iTunes!!!
Check Me Out On Amazon MP3!!!
Check Me Out On Zune!!!
HTC One (M8) - Amber Gold
HTC One (M7) - Half Stealth Black/Half Glacier Silver
Samsung Galaxy S4

Tags
battery, error, htc