Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Note 2 sensors not working!

Tip us?

epix1718
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign [Q] Galaxy Note 2 sensors not working!

I've had this issue for quite a while now.. at first I figured it was just a bug as my screen would no longer rotate but I've flashed and tried several different roms (Probam jelly bean, KitKat, and now on Temasek V28 KitKat) and have tried a few different Kernels such as Devil 2.3.2 and currently using the stock Temasek kernel.

I've downloaded some sensor apps and they list my sensors, but whenever I go to test them such as the accelerom3534, gyroscope, compass.. they don't work at all.. They just say "waiting for data"

The Proximity sensor still appears to be working though.

Anyone had this issue? My phone I don't think is damaged.. I've dropped it on some small falls in the past but it's been in a nice cover as well.

epix1718
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Small update:

Went back to a rooted stock 4.1.2 AT&T ROM, stock kernel, stock modem.. no change. Must be the hardware being broken

ShrekOpher
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by epix1718 View Post
Small update:

Went back to a rooted stock 4.1.2 AT&T ROM, stock kernel, stock modem.. no change. Must be the hardware being broken
Is it your home screen that doesn't rotate or will no apps work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

epix1718
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrekOpher View Post
Is it your home screen that doesn't rotate or will no apps work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
None of the apps will rotate, or say a picture in "gallery". Home screen I know was never designed to rotate.

Also just tried the 1-Click ODIN restore to unrooted stock rom, no difference Screen still does not rotate in any apps.

gregsarg
Old
(Last edited by gregsarg; 10th January 2014 at 04:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,510
Sounding like a hardware issue...
Sorry to hear that ...g
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g

ShrekOpher
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by epix1718 View Post
None of the apps will rotate, or say a picture in "gallery". Home screen I know was never designed to rotate.

Also just tried the 1-Click ODIN restore to unrooted stock rom, no difference Screen still does not rotate in any apps.
the only other option I can suggest is to check and make sure all of your settings that effect screen rotation of cleared. Make sure you don't have smart stay on and you have screen rotation enabled in your settings. You may also want to turn them on if they are off and reboot your phone. Then turn them back off and reboot your phone again. If that doesn't fix it I would assume its a hardware issue.

Did you drop your phone recently or get it wet or damp. That's the only thing I have heard can cause the hardware issue.

adrianjayy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default bringing this thread back to life sense I couldn't do the same for my sensors

Hello there! So I have had a similar experience with the Note 2. It is not hardware related as far as I can determine because I swapped out the prox sensor on mine and it did not help. I feel that it is kernel related. On my previous Note 2, I flashed some kernel, prox sensor stopped working. I flashed back to stock AT&T and it worked for one call before quitting again. That's when I tried a new sensor and camera unit. The phone was under warranty so I triangled away and traded it. With the current Note 2, I flashed Sky note 9.3 and then after a while the prox sensor stopped working, I just thought okay with whatever maybe it's the kernel I'm using. I wanted to upgrade to Sky note Air, so I did. Got all settled in and decided to see if their provided kernel fixed my call sensor, no cigar. So I went into *#0*# and realized that none of my sensors were working. Tried using Devil Kernel, stock, stock ROM, all sorts of configurations and I can't revive any of them. Feeling very defeated.