Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Need help finding a full-duplex bluetooth dongle for use with S4

OP CZ Eddie

26th March 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Full Duplex Bluetooth
[QUOTE=CZ Eddie;49134336]I'm probalby using the wrong words to google it? But I want a Bluetooth adapter that is capable of both 'receive' and 'transmit' at the same time. Or full-duplex.
I'd prefer it be an APT-X, but anything small with good battery life will do.

Why? Well, for a DIY project where I'll be using something like what you see in the pic below, to listen to my phone and make calls.

Have you found a solution for this? I have been looking for some time for a similar DIY project. I have found one product from overseas and one in the US. The product overseas is about $270 with shipping and because it is overseas they won't accept returns. The one in the US has a PTT (Push to Talk) button that I would have to try and get around it.

I also found a device that allow you to either transmit or receive but that only gives you a simplex transmission from a headset. You can either talk to the person or listen to them, not both. I have a MultiPoint headset but that requires which device you want to be paired with.

If you already found something, I would love to hear about it.
21st April 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 9

36 posts
Same question here, want to make a headset wireless with bluetooth
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread