5,604,367 Members 49,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help finding a full-duplex bluetooth dongle for use with S4

Tip us?

skerkvli
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Full Duplex Bluetooth

[QUOTE=CZ Eddie;49134336]I'm probalby using the wrong words to google it? But I want a Bluetooth adapter that is capable of both 'receive' and 'transmit' at the same time. Or full-duplex.
I'd prefer it be an APT-X, but anything small with good battery life will do.

Why? Well, for a DIY project where I'll be using something like what you see in the pic below, to listen to my phone and make calls.

Have you found a solution for this? I have been looking for some time for a similar DIY project. I have found one product from overseas and one in the US. The product overseas is about $270 with shipping and because it is overseas they won't accept returns. The one in the US has a PTT (Push to Talk) button that I would have to try and get around it.

I also found a device that allow you to either transmit or receive but that only gives you a simplex transmission from a headset. You can either talk to the person or listen to them, not both. I have a MultiPoint headset but that requires which device you want to be paired with.

If you already found something, I would love to hear about it.

MikeyMan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Same question here, want to make a headset wireless with bluetooth