Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Lost root after flashing to 4.4 from stock rom

OP DurbanPoison24

16th January 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #1  
DurbanPoison24's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Hey people it seems as though I lost root or at least "don't have proper root access" after flashing CMB rc3 ROM. I somehow updated SU binary but still am having issues gaining full root. If anybody has any information on how to help me it will be greatly appreciated.. I am also willing to go back to stock ROM and see if that works somehow but I forgot to backup stock ROM(I know I'm a moron) lol. I had the 4.2.2 OTA D80110g version prior to flashing to CMB.. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
16th January 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #2  
leomd333's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lisburn
Thanks Meter: 51
 
897 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurbanPoison24

Hey people it seems as though I lost root or at least "don't have proper root access" after flashing CMB rc3 ROM. I somehow updated SU binary but still am having issues gaining full root. If anybody has any information on how to help me it will be greatly appreciated.. I am also willing to go back to stock ROM and see if that works somehow but I forgot to backup stock ROM(I know I'm a moron) lol. I had the 4.2.2 OTA D80110g version prior to flashing to CMB.. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Download this and flash it in recovery http://download.chainfire.eu/376/Sup...etrieve_file=1

It is the supersu.zip, it will reroot your device
16th January 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #3  
DurbanPoison24's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DurbanPoison24
Hey people it seems as though I lost root or at least "don't have proper root access" after flashing CMB rc3 ROM. I somehow updated SU binary but still am having issues gaining full root. If anybody has any information on how to help me it will be greatly appreciated.. I am also willing to go back to stock ROM and see if that works somehow but I forgot to backup stock ROM(I know I'm a moron) lol. I had the 4.2.2 OTA D80110g version prior to flashing to CMB.. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Download this and flash it in recovery http://download.chainfire.eu/376/Sup...etrieve_file=1

It is the supersu.zip, it will reroot your device

Hey thanks for your assistance but I wound up just downloading the rooted stock OTA ROM and re-flashing it and I'm fully rooted again. But do you by any chance know how to fix the issue of losing root after upgrading to 4.4? Does what you told me to do fix that completely and keeps me fully rooted on 4.4? Sorry I'm pretty new to this stuff.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
16th January 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #4  
freebee269's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 452
 
975 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurbanPoison24

Hey thanks for your assistance but I wound up just downloading the rooted stock OTA ROM and re-flashing it and I'm fully rooted again. But do you by any chance know how to fix the issue of losing root after upgrading to 4.4? Does what you told me to do fix that completely and keeps me fully rooted on 4.4? Sorry I'm pretty new to this stuff.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

if you flash to 4.4 aosp rom, you have to go into developer settings and set root as apps and adb. this will give you root access.
16th January 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #5  
votinh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 431
 
2,249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Assuming that you know what you have done, this is the very first case, not only in this G2 subforum but entire XDA site, that I've heard installing custom ROM and lost root.
16th January 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #6  
RubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los angeles
Thanks Meter: 174
 
690 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
The first reply hit the nail on the head, some ROM don't have root for example Omni ROM in originaaal android development....you flash supersu zip after ROM and gapps....looks like you have everything going good, good luck man!
17th January 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #7  
DurbanPoison24's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh

Assuming that you know what you have done, this is the very first case, not only in this G2 subforum but entire XDA site, that I've heard installing custom ROM and lost root.

I may have misinterpreted. I wound up re-flashing stock ROM. Too nervous to go back to 4.4 because I don't fully understand what happned and I'll be damned if mess my phone up when I just got it yesterday. Lol, really want 4.4 though. Oh well I guess

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
17th January 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #8  
RubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los angeles
Thanks Meter: 174
 
690 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurbanPoison24

I may have misinterpreted. I wound up re-flashing stock ROM. Too nervous to go back to 4.4 because I don't fully understand what happned and I'll be damned if mess my phone up when I just got it yesterday. Lol, really want 4.4 though. Oh well I guess

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Hey man if you want 4.4 is simple just download the supersu.zip and when your in recovery do the correct wipe then flash ROM and gapps then supersu zip then reboot!

Most Roms have root already like Paranoid android, Mahdi, aokp......Roms like the one you used and omni you need to flash the supersu zip afterward that's it
17th January 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #9  
fma965's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,513
 
3,295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Yeah check developer settings for root or flash super su zip, also slimkat and others have working root.

Sent from my LG-D802
21st April 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Thumbs up it works
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurbanPoison24

Hey thanks for your assistance but I wound up just downloading the rooted stock OTA ROM and re-flashing it and I'm fully rooted again. But do you by any chance know how to fix the issue of losing root after upgrading to 4.4? Does what you told me to do fix that completely and keeps me fully rooted on 4.4? Sorry I'm pretty new to this stuff.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

I know this is a little old but im sure there are ppl with this problems, i am a newbie here and just trying to share, i flashed the suggested file and i got my root back, XDA its a really good site to learn and solve our problems, Thank you XDA!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes