[Q] Do HTC know if your phone is shipped S-on or S-off?

Search This thread

stovie_steve

May 12, 2012
Reason I ask is because everyone here recommends you leave your phone S-off when returning to stock. My phone is a carrier based phone (O2-UK)

I figured that all phones under 02-UK are shipped as s-on (from experience only, I worked with 02 and only had a few HTC phones where I checked and they were S-on)

My phone has to be sent back for repair. At present it is S-off with locked boot loader and completely stock Rom. I can easily go back to S-on if needed so this is out of curiosity

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Reason I ask is because everyone here recommends you leave your phone S-off when returning to stock. My phone is a carrier based phone (O2-UK)

I figured that all phones under 02-UK are shipped as s-on (from experience only, I worked with 02 and only had a few HTC phones where I checked and they were S-on)

My phone has to be sent back for repair. At present it is S-off with locked boot loader and completely stock Rom. I can easily go back to S-on if needed so this is out of curiosity

it's getting harder to get s-off (no phones ship with s-off)
that's why everyone recommends leaving it s-off until the last possible second

stovie_steve

May 12, 2012
Yeah I know that as well

The issue is if I go s on for repairs now on hboot 1.56 I will get a **TAMPER DETECTED** message and need to unlock via HTC dev again

If I NEED s on I can downgrade the hboot to 1.44, install an earlier 1.29.xxx.x Rom and return to S-on and accept OTA's til latest version

So it's either send it off now as is and hope for the best or just suck it up and go back to s-on

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app