Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stuck in TWRP recovery with empty phone

Tip us?

Mr.LOVER
Old
(Last edited by Mr.LOVER; 21st April 2014 at 09:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Unhappy [Q] stuck in TWRP recovery with empty phone

hi i was trying to root a new o4x, and after everything went right. i unlocked my bootloader by going into bootloader mode and putting "fastboot oem unlock" command, and then chose "unlock it" it said my bootloader is unlocked.
after that i installed cwm touch latest .4.5 ver recovery, and booted in v20a rom, copied vanir rom into my internal sdcard and booted into cwm recovery and tried to flash vanir 4.4.2 rom into it,
after flashing vanir rom, it booted perfectly, but when i connected it to pc, it didn't show my files on internal sdcard which i coppied on it in v20a, i mean there was no vanir rom zip into my internal sdcard, but when i go into recovery and see in "install zip" n go to internal sdcard, it shows vanir rom zip in my internal sdcard.
i thought it's a problem of recovery, so i installed TWRP recovery, i wiped everything including system, and then tried to flash vanir again, and now it's not flashing vanir or any other roms, it says zip successfully installed in recovery, but no rom boot up,
whichever thing i change in TWRP it reset it after rebooting into recovery,
i think TWRP is not able to write anything into system or other drives,
now i'm stuck, i don't know what to do here, i can't flash anything, and my phone is already empty
please help me,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secularists may believe you have a right to worship God, but only as long as your God is silent...

LG Optimus 4x HD - v20a Official - Rooted - Unlocked - TWRP Multiboot Recovery - with Enox, Zaiban, Omni KK and a lot of roms
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sPEADy
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.LOVER View Post
hi i was trying to root a new o4x, and after everything went right. i unlocked my bootloader by going into bootloader mode and putting "fastboot oem unlock" command, and then chose "unlock it" it said my bootloader is unlocked.
after that i installed cwm touch latest .4.5 ver recovery, and booted in v20a rom, copied vanir rom into my internal sdcard and booted into cwm recovery and tried to flash vanir 4.4.2 rom into it,
after flashing vanir rom, it booted perfectly, but when i connected it to pc, it didn't show my files on internal sdcard which i coppied on it in v20a, i mean there was no vanir rom zip into my internal sdcard, but when i go into recovery and see in "install zip" n go to internal sdcard, it shows vanir rom zip in my internal sdcard.
i thought it's a problem of recovery, so i installed TWRP recovery, i wiped everything including system, and then tried to flash vanir again, and now it's not flashing vanir or any other roms, it says zip successfully installed in recovery, but no rom boot up,
whichever thing i change in TWRP it reset it after rebooting into recovery,
i think TWRP is not able to write anything into system or other drives,
now i'm stuck, i don't know what to do here, i can't flash anything, and my phone is already empty
please help me,
Flash back to Jelly bean just to ensure that all is okay with your phone and start the process of CWM and installing custom rom again.

There is some tut in General section going back to stock via offical LG Flash tool.

Good Luck.

Mr.LOVER
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sPEADy View Post
Flash back to Jelly bean just to ensure that all is okay with your phone and start the process of CWM and installing custom rom again.

There is some tut in General section going back to stock via offical LG Flash tool.

Good Luck.
yeah, thanks, found that, updating firmware through flashing KDZ ...
thanks, will report after doing that

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secularists may believe you have a right to worship God, but only as long as your God is silent...

LG Optimus 4x HD - v20a Official - Rooted - Unlocked - TWRP Multiboot Recovery - with Enox, Zaiban, Omni KK and a lot of roms
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------