Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 54,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck pixel help!

Tip us?

ILS_SuperNova
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default Stuck pixel help!

Hi all

So being me I had to check if I had stuck or dead pixels on my M8 mistake!!

Only got one but it's a small white one on a very dark or solid black background . When the keyboard is on I can see it but it's that tiny I wud ave to show someone were it was before they noticed . .

Now I think I can live with it but knowing it's there is so annoying . .do these things get worse over time? Should I get it replaced?
.I've tried this app on play store that even HTC Twitter recommends but it didn't work after 2 hour cycles and 3 30 mins cycles

Any input will help cheers

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

-Apollo-
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILS_SuperNova View Post
Hi all

So being me I had to check if I had stuck or dead pixels on my M8 mistake!!

Only got one but it's a small white one on a very dark or solid black background . When the keyboard is on I can see it but it's that tiny I wud ave to show someone were it was before they noticed . .

Now I think I can live with it but knowing it's there is so annoying . .do these things get worse over time? Should I get it replaced?
.I've tried this app on play store that even HTC Twitter recommends but it didn't work after 2 hour cycles and 3 30 mins cycles

Any input will help cheers

I'd say replace it if you still have time. You know it's gonna drive you nuts!

ILS_SuperNova
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apollo- View Post
I'd say replace it if you still have time. You know it's gonna drive you nuts!
Well I tried to swap my fone today in that joke of a shop phones4u . . Cos the manager couldn't see the pixel he wudn t swap it  might try another shop and another manager but tbh I cud end up with a worse fone . . .do stuck/dead pixels usually get worse . . I read that sometimes they fix themselves

-Apollo-
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILS_SuperNova View Post
Well I tried to swap my fone today in that joke of a shop phones4u . . Cos the manager couldn't see the pixel he wudn t swap it  might try another shop and another manager but tbh I cud end up with a worse fone . . .do stuck/dead pixels usually get worse . . I read that sometimes they fix themselves

You're right, you might end up with something worse, you never know. When I had the EVO 3D I was able to rub one out (no pun intended) just kind of massaging the screen in the area. On my M7 that didn't work, probably because of the gorilla glass, so I swapped it out. Not sure if they get worse over time, I doubt it though because its either going to work or not work.

ILS_SuperNova
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Well I've been told if it does and if they can see it on screen they wud swap it . . .kinda annoying knowing it's there but I will probably end up forgetting it is there soon