FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Display damage or not???

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By profcb, Member on 20th April 2014, 06:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I woke up this morning abd my dispkay looked like this...


I would like to know if the touchscreen is damaged or the lcd display or something else?
 
 
20th April 2014, 10:29 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 24
 
Donate to Me
More
Can you fully boot into ROM (android desktop)?
20th April 2014, 11:12 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Lukavac
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Yes I can, I just posted this photo because this black points are more visible on a white background...
21st April 2014, 12:15 AM |#4  
mickeyasamoah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 205
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by profcb

Hi, I woke up this morning abd my dispkay looked like this...


I would like to know if the touchscreen is damaged or the lcd display or something else?

That could be caused by two things.
1. Water damage

2. Over heating of device(maybe the battery)
A friend of mines android phone got too hot that he had the same result. His was worse than this. when you look at his device carefully, you could see the shape of the battery underneath the screen.

It might be you left the device in a hot place or under you pillow or something like that, without any air flow with 3g or wifi connected.
21st April 2014, 08:32 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Lukavac
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyasamoah

That could be caused by two things.
1. Water damage

2. Over heating of device(maybe the battery)
A friend of mines android phone got too hot that he had the same result. His was worse than this. when you look at his device carefully, you could see the shape of the battery underneath the screen.

It might be you left the device in a hot place or under you pillow or something like that, without any air flow with 3g or wifi connected.

I think I know the cause, it fall on yhe street,but I would like to know what part of the phone is now damaged...
As I am wtiting this post the display looks much much better than yesterday,there are only a few black points left...
21st April 2014, 01:53 PM |#6  
mickeyasamoah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 205
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by profcb

I think I know the cause, it fall on yhe street,but I would like to know what part of the phone is now damaged...
As I am wtiting this post the display looks much much better than yesterday,there are only a few black points left...

According to the picture, the damage seem to have affected the screen. I dont think its the touch panel.
21st April 2014, 03:52 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Lukavac
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Is it replaceable at home or do I have to take the phone to htc service?
21st April 2014, 06:55 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 24
 
Donate to Me
More
It depends on your skills. You can but it's not too easy.


This may help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG6RLR_tAEs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj2rhucq1uk
The Following User Says Thank You to Gussta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 09:23 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Lukavac
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Hvala prijatelju

Well I think I am gonna leave the phone like this I hope the pixels will not start taking more display space...
21st April 2014, 10:16 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 24
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by profcb

Hvala prijatelju

Well I think I am gonna leave the phone like this I hope the pixels will not start taking more display space...



Nema na čemu
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes