Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,273 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root 4.4.2

Tip us?

stivelio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Can you please provide link to x-note v13 thread?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

FFTony
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by stivelio View Post
Can you please provide link to x-note v13 thread?

This is the Q&A thread for x-note. In the OP you will find all the links to download the ROM and make it compatible with tmobile. FYI the newest Civz-snapkat kernel is now 2.6 not 2.1 but you will need to Google it to find out exactly where to get the zip if you want the newer version of the kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50728165

sm-n900t: Powered by X-Note V13
SM-N900T Powered by X-Note V13/CivZ-SnapKat 2.1

eloscurosecreto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
Yes
Thanks for confirming, can you please provide a link on the instructions on how to root 4.4.2 {if it isn't > T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Android Development > [Stock Odin Rom]{How To Use ODIN} attached. N900TMI7& NB4 (4.4.2) (How to use ODIN)}

FFTony
Old
(Last edited by FFTony; 2nd April 2014 at 06:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloscurosecreto View Post
Thanks for confirming, can you please provide a link on the instructions on how to root 4.4.2 {if it isn't > T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Android Development > [Stock Odin Rom]{How To Use ODIN} attached. N900TMI7& NB4 (4.4.2) (How to use ODIN)}
I don't have a specific link for some of my tutorial but A Google or youtube search should suffice. But I will give you the basic steps. That being said my way of rooting will trip Knox and more than likely void your warranty. For the programs I list just do a Google search and you should find them easy enough.

1. install Odin 3.09 or 3.07 to your computer
2. Flash your custom recovery (I prefer twrp) via Odin
3. Flash your custom ROM from your external sd card or, SuperSU if you only want to obtain root while staying on the stock ROM, from the recovery. (if you are not familiar with flashing roms let me know and I will give you the steps.)
After these steps your phone should be rooted.

Note: I found that after the 4.4 update when attempting to boot into recovery you have to let go of your buttons as soon as you see the blue words "recovery booting" or something like that at the top left of your screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to FFTony For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sg3love
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hey there, I just upgraded to 4.4.2 coming from 4.3 I had great battery life in 4.3 but when I switched over to 4.4.2 my batter life is terrible as well.. I am also rooted and have used app quarantine to freeze some apps to see if I can get some more battery life out of it and no luck. I did a straight Ota update by going to stock 4.3 then updating then rooting 4.4 the only thing I haven't done is a factory reset which will be my next step! :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Current Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 in Shimmery White

FFTony
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg3love View Post
Hey there, I just upgraded to 4.4.2 coming from 4.3 I had great battery life in 4.3 but when I switched over to 4.4.2 my batter life is terrible as well.. I am also rooted and have used app quarantine to freeze some apps to see if I can get some more battery life out of it and no luck. I did a straight Ota update by going to stock 4.3 then updating then rooting 4.4 the only thing I haven't done is a factory reset which will be my next step! :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
I have heard that after flashing official 4.4 you should factory reset to help the ROM settle and that should improve the battery life.

jacqueline robert
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
I have non rooted note 3 that I upgraded to 4.4.2 and hate the battery drain after this update. Can somebody please confirm that I can perform root on 4.4.2?

I didn't install any new apps. I just upgraded to 4.4.2 using OTA update couple of days back and since then the battery doesn't seem to last for more than 5-6 hours for the same usage that got me 8-10 hours or more before upgrading.

stivelio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline robert View Post
I didn't install any new apps. I just upgraded to 4.4.2 using OTA update couple of days back and since then the battery doesn't seem to last for more than 5-6 hours for the same usage that got me 8-10 hours or more before upgrading.
have you already tried factory reset? It solved my battery drain issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to stivelio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jacqueline robert
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
have you already tried factory reset? It solved my battery drain issue.
Oh I see, Thanks for your post.

JeepSRT8
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hey guys, just switched over from Verizon and am looking for the best way to root. What are you guys using to root 4.42 stock and does it trip knox? Can't wait to get back on a rooted N3.
verizon note 3.

Gone but not forgotten: S4,Note 2,Nokia,Iphone,Thunderbolt

Current Rom: Eclipse Rom
Previous: BeansTown