FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

return for repair with s-off

Thanks Meter: 96
 
By Onem8, Senior Member on 21st April 2014, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can i return my phone with s-off, Bootloader locked and origenal software without voiding warranty ? My screen is broken...
 
 
21st April 2014, 10:57 PM |#2  
nicholi2789's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Newport
Thanks Meter: 181
 
Donate to Me
More
I wouldn't worry about insurance replacements. Assurion doesn't even check. Are you returning it to Verizon though or doing an insurance claim?
I also wanna know if there is a way to get s-on back or a modified hboot that says it's s-on. I have a front camera issue and am getting a CLNR.
21st April 2014, 11:06 PM |#3  
Onem8's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholi2789

I wouldn't worry about insurance replacements. Assurion doesn't even check. Are you returning it to Verizon though or doing an insurance claim?
I also wanna know if there is a way to get s-on back or a modified hboot that says it's s-on. I have a front camera issue and am getting a CLNR.

I'm not from the usa, europe mate. I'm returning for repair but i must pay 300 euro for a new screen.

Modified hboot : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710503
Lock/unlock : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708571
The Following User Says Thank You to Onem8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 11:08 PM |#4  
nicholi2789's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Newport
Thanks Meter: 181
 
Donate to Me
More
Ah my bad. I forgot I wasn't in the Verizon forums. Thanks though.
22nd April 2014, 12:38 AM |#5  
graffixnyc's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,922
 
Donate to Me
More
I sent one in for repair here in the US. It was locked, not showing tampered but I left it s-off.. They didn't say anything but it came back to me s-on

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 01:39 AM |#6  
spikeydoo2006's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lowestoft
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onem8

Can i return my phone with s-off, Bootloader locked and origenal software without voiding warranty ? My screen is broken...

You'll be fine...Just make sure everything else is stock. They don't seem to care about S-Off. Some devices slip through that are already S-OFF'd right out of the box.
6th May 2014, 12:30 PM |#7  
Onem8's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

I sent one in for repair here in the US. It was locked, not showing tampered but I left it s-off.. They didn't say anything but it came back to me s-on

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk


Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeydoo2006

You'll be fine...Just make sure everything else is stock. They don't seem to care about S-Off. Some devices slip through that are already S-OFF'd right out of the box.

My phone returned yesterday and it was still s-off
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes