No registration required

[Q] Temperature problem since 4.4.2

OP Marsters

21st April 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Hey folks.

I updated my phone on 4.4.2 with root and now i get the feeling its getting hotter while using(browsing web and so on) and its draining more and more battery than before. I mean on 4.3 it wasn't that fast and it even get that hot. My question is this normal since 4.4.2 (.757) and is there any good app which is helping me to find out if any background(system or not) is causing this problem?

Thanks for advice!
21st April 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag NoWhere
Thanks Meter: 455

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsters

Hey folks.

I updated my phone on 4.4.2 with root and now i get the feeling its getting hotter while using(browsing web and so on) and its draining more and more battery than before. I mean on 4.3 it wasn't that fast and it even get that hot. My question is this normal since 4.4.2 (.757) and is there any good app which is helping me to find out if any background(system or not) is causing this problem?

Thanks for advice!

try install BetterBatteryStats and check the wakelock.
21st April 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 17

183 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsters

Hey folks.

Thanks for advice!

Mine is the same, everyone since the kitkat upgrade. When the screen is off it cools and deep sleeps. When it's on though it gets far hotter than on 4.3 and consequently the battery drains far too quickly.
Mine isn't rooted so I can't look at the wake locks in better battery stats but I can see that the processor isn't maxing out at 2.2GHz. Most of its time is spent at 300MHz.
There doesn't appear to be any app that's gobbling up juice so it must be the OS I think.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread