Post Reply

Power saver toggle,leave on or off

OP P2o8wer

20th April 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #1  
P2o8wer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
556 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
I see everyone wanting a mod for a power save toggle, don't we want to keep it on all the time?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st April 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #2  
hgoldner's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 552
 
2,117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2o8wer

I see everyone wanting a mod for a power save toggle, don't we want to keep it on all the time?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I leave Power Save mode on all the time and I'm completely blown away by the battery life on the M8, especially coming from the Rezound which, once custom kernels were available, was fairly decent (but nothing like this). I would only use Extreme Power Save Mode in the event of a power failure or when I get into a low battery state and don't anticipate being able to charge in the immediate future. Since I usually have a 10,000 mAh battery in my briefcase, that would be highly unusual.
21st April 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #3  
Sevinex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 47
 
238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner

I leave Power Save mode on all the time and I'm completely blown away by the battery life on the M8, especially coming from the Rezound which, once custom kernels were available, was fairly decent (but nothing like this). I would only use Extreme Power Save Mode in the event of a power failure or when I get into a low battery state and don't anticipate being able to charge in the immediate future. Since I usually have a 10,000 mAh battery in my briefcase, that would be highly unusual.

Out of curiosity, have you found a way of disabling the "Power Save" persistent notification in your status bar, or have you just turned a blind eye to it?
21st April 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #4  
hgoldner's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 552
 
2,117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevinex

Out of curiosity, have you found a way of disabling the "Power Save" persistent notification in your status bar, or have you just turned a blind eye to it?

There is a method for disabling the icon discussed in one of the M8 forums. Mighr not necessarily be the Verizon forum. I am mobile so I can't search for it now, but it's definitely out there.

Beamed from the holodeck of my Nexus 7 FHD.
The Following User Says Thank You to hgoldner For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevinex

Out of curiosity, have you found a way of disabling the "Power Save" persistent notification in your status bar, or have you just turned a blind eye to it?

notifyclean is an xposed module that i use to do this
The Following User Says Thank You to Abe21599 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #6  
The Stig 04's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner

There is a method for disabling the icon discussed in one of the M8 forums. Mighr not necessarily be the Verizon forum. I am mobile so I can't search for it now, but it's definitely out there.

Beamed from the holodeck of my Nexus 7 FHD.

Here is the thread he's talking about


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2703535

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to The Stig 04 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes