Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flash ViperX 4.0.7 on HTC One X (endeavoru)

Tip us?

max99000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flash ViperX 4.0.7 on HTC One X (endeavoru)

Hello. Can someone please help me?
I am trying to install the ViperX 4.0.7 on HOX (endeavoru) with CID: O2_102 and HBOOT: 1.39
I flashed Alex-V 2.7 kernel and installed via TWRP recovery, but I got stuck at the HTC logo.

If there is no way I can install this ViperX, or can I flash CM11? If yes, then what kernel and recovery do I need for CM11?

Thank you!

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
Are you S-On or S-Off? If S-On, you have to extract the boot.img and flash it via fastboot. I'm also thinking that since that kernel development has been discontinued, it might not support the newest ViperX rom. In the kernel thread, members mentioned it worked with 4.0.6, but no mention of 4.0.7. Might be best just to stick with the recommended ViperX boot.img until you know you got everything working.

As far as CyanogenMod, please refer to the official thread for your phone here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2583037

This has the install guide, as well as a link to their recommended recoveries. Most likely TWRP will work as well, though CM team always promotes CWM as that is what they build and test with. Reading through some of the user reviews though, seems like you might want to be wary of CM11 as it has some various issues for certain people. Might want to glance through some posts and make sure those issues won't affect how you want or need to use the phone.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

max99000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=es0tericcha0s;52055077]
I'm currently S-On, but I think there might be a problem with the CID number. I don't know if S-Off is possible on my HOX. I will try later today another kernel and get back to you.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
I'd already looked into that possibility and it was confirmed in the thread CID didn't matter, but the bootloader does and you are on a compatible one. Issue sounds to me like you just tried to install the kernel with TWRP, which you can't do with most HTCs with S-On.
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

max99000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
I'd already looked into that possibility and it was confirmed in the thread CID didn't matter, but the bootloader does and you are on a compatible one. Issue sounds to me like you just tried to install the kernel with TWRP, which you can't do with most HTCs with S-On.
Thanks for your help! I got ViperX working on my phone.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
Sweet! You're welcome. You just had to fastboot the kernel then, right? Just in case someone else with your issue finds your thread.

max99000
Old
(Last edited by max99000; 21st April 2014 at 11:40 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Sweet! You're welcome. You just had to fastboot the kernel then, right? Just in case someone else with your issue finds your thread.
Yeah, pretty much. I was hoping to get sweep 2 wake feature that's why I flashed the other kernel. But the boot.img from the ViperX zip solved the problem. Thanks!

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
One of these should work for that:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586808

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588449

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2136731

Looks like for some you have to wipe caches then flash the zip for modules in recovery and fastboot flash the boot.img. Make sure to check for the devs exact install guide though because they can be different.