XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best equalizer?

Tip us?

Recon0212
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Best equalizer?

What's the best equalizer for this phone? I was trying to use viper4android but it messed up the speakers on my phone (don't really know how though...)

BFirebird101
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Just turn off speaker eq in Viper

Sent from my Vipered M8

sean67854
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Any new ideas for the best systemwide EQ? I use Google Play Music All Access and I'd like to have some control. I am s-off rooted on a stock rom.
richii0207 Old
Thanks Meter 0
What's wrong with BoomSound?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

brandogg
Old
Thanks Meter 83
...it's not an equalizer? On the One M8 you don't get the EQ settings that are built in to Google Play Music (at least from my experience), I assume because of having Boom Sound (whether or not its enabled).

Napoleones
Old
Thanks Meter 9
There's no equalizer on board. You have the option to toggle Boomsound audio on or off with the headphones on. You cannot disable the feature when playing through the speakers.

Strangely enough only one of the HTC One (M8) units we got to play with turned out to have a built-in FM radio. The European version comes with an FM Radio receiver and an FM radio preinstalled, while the Verizon unit lacked an app. It's anyone's guess whether the hardware is still there and has been disabled (meaning that it can be unlocked with some sort of mod) or if it's gone altogether.

brandogg
Old
Thanks Meter 83
It's not anyone's guess - the hardware is there, and you can sideload the app (I have it on mine, works perfectly). No root needed, just install the APK.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699618