[Q] Settings... Input Languages...

OP ecsjr

18th April 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Grettings,
I have a Nook HD+ running Stock 2.2.0, rooted, unknown sources enabled...

My question is, has anyone found a way to edit or modify the settings, particularly the Input Languages section to add Voice as an option. This would be an automatic option with the stock settings menu, but it seems B&N has left it out. Enabling this along with English would allow for me to have the microphone on the Google Keyboard 3.0... Or any keyboard that supports voice detection for that matter. Please help, thank you.

Or perhaps maybe there is an app that I am overlooking that would open to Vanilla Android settings, without uninstalling the systems settings menu, and allow me to edit the settings, sort of parallel.
19th April 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,660

8,348 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsjr

Grettings,
I have a Nook HD+ running Stock 2.2.0, rooted, unknown sources enabled...

My question is, has anyone found a way to edit or modify the settings, particularly the Input Languages section to add Voice as an option. This would be an automatic option with the stock settings menu, but it seems B&N has left it out. Enabling this along with English would allow for me to have the microphone on the Google Keyboard 3.0... Or any keyboard that supports voice detection for that matter. Please help, thank you.

Or perhaps maybe there is an app that I am overlooking that would open to Vanilla Android settings, without uninstalling the systems settings menu, and allow me to edit the settings, sort of parallel.

I don't have an exact answer for you, but if you go to my HD/HD+ stock user tips thread linked in my signature and read item 8, Larger System Fonts, it tells you how to access some hidden stock settings. I believe input languages is one of those hidden settings.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
22nd April 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

I don't have an exact answer for you, but if you go to my HD/HD+ stock user tips thread linked in my signature and read item 8, Larger System Fonts, it tells you how to access some hidden stock settings. I believe input languages is one of those hidden settings.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks I'll give this a shot...

UPDATE: No luck... Used Any Cut to go through about 14 "settings" and about 10 or so other similar options labeled "Language" or "Input" or "Keybaord" etc... It's a very useful and cool tool to have... Unfortunately there wasn't any success getting the "Voice" option to show up. Thanks for showing me this though as I did find some of the shortcuts very useful.
Last edited by ecsjr; 22nd April 2014 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Update:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
input, keyboard, settings, voice
Previous Thread Next Thread