Porting ROMS

Search This thread

David522d

May 9, 2010
Now I'm not talking trash or causing drama but I see a lot of of ROMS being cooked up in the m8 forums. Will these be ported over?!
I'm just excited to flash flash flash!

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Joeysface

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Even though yes they are the same phone.
Porting ROMs can be difficult as some are GSM based and we are CDMA, so sure could port it easily but getting RIL (data/calls) to work is a diff story.
although if you look some ROMs state they are for ALL variants such as this one
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2694917
Insert Coin ROM is Verizon as well I believe
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704539

I wouldn't try android revolution on Verizon. It says in the op "not currently supported for sprint and Verizon". Not sure if he's referring to the fact that it doesn't work, or he is saying that it works but he won't currently fix those variants.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I wouldn't try android revolution on Verizon. It says in the op "not currently supported for sprint and Verizon". Not sure if he's referring to the fact that it doesn't work, or he is saying that it works but he won't currently fix those variants.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thank you for this.
I just saw all Variants and assumed.

@OP, sorry.

David522d

May 9, 2010
Ah ok.
Again I'm not tryin to be annoying or pushy but do you assume more ROMS will be pumped out for this lovely device :)

trook

Sep 7, 2010
Costa Mesa CA
There will be plenty of Roms for this phone. Just be patient, it is an art after all.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jax187

cemmec

Apr 19, 2014

Yeah, the part that doesn't work (5.0) on Verizon M8's is the radio -- no CDMA/3G/4G support on Verizon phones. (Three guesses how I found that out ...)

Top Liked Posts