1) get the official Samsung files from kies (google -"does kies store firmware")
2) boot do download mode
3) flash CSC file with auto reboot and F. reset time checked
4) boot do download mode
5) flash PDA file with auto reboot and F. reset time checked
6) boot do download mode
7) flash Modem file with auto reboot and F. reset time checked
* I closed ODIN between each step, might be overkill.
** I did not flash the bootloader file
I have read that it takes a long time the first boot, and I have been waiting 15 minutes at the SAMSUNG screen but it is still pulsing so i think it is still processing. If it is still at this screen in the morning, I will let you all know but this is further than I have been in over a week.
On a side note, when it crashed I took this into AT&T they told me over the past month or so they have seen numerous people with the same issue. All from doing a factor rest in Kies. My phone was out of warranty and they barely looked at it before asking me to upgrade. I took it to BestBuy and they fixed it from booting to ODIN mode but it still locked up on the AT&T logo, so I was back to square one.