Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] End Call Disconnects Both calls when in call waiting

Tip us?
 
rushfanx1
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default [Q] End Call Disconnects Both calls when in call waiting

When you are on a call and receive a second call.... I can answer the 2nd call and swap between the 2
However, when you press END CALL on the active call.. it disconnects BOTH calls. That NEVER happened on my S4.

Is this a software glitch? Anyone else have this issue?
 
bleeds
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 55
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushfanx1 View Post
When you are on a call and receive a second call.... I can answer the 2nd call and swap between the 2
However, when you press END CALL on the active call.. it disconnects BOTH calls. That NEVER happened on my S4.

Is this a software glitch? Anyone else have this issue?
I think mine has always done this on every android phone I have ever owned..

Others might has something different to say..
SOrry..

Bleeds
 
rushfanx1
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeds View Post
I think mine has always done this on every android phone I have ever owned..

Others might has something different to say..
SOrry..

Bleeds
My Galaxy S4 handled it correctly. It disconnects only the active call

I actually tested it out yesterday on a friends S4
 
rushfanx1
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jan 2011
I just found this on Verizons website

o Initiate Call Waiting:
When you're on the line and a second call comes in, you'll hear a tone to let you know you have another call. When that happens, you have three choices:

Put the first call on hold by pressing SEND. You'll automatically be connected with the second call. To return to the first call: Press SEND again. To switch between the two calls: Press SEND.

Or, end the first call by asking the first caller to hang up. This automatically connects you to your waiting call.

Really.. I have to ask the other person to hang up? That so F'n Stupid... I know this worked on my S4..
 
tpike
Old
#5  
tpike's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 948
Join Date: Jan 2011
That's how the note 3 works and how the s3 worked. You hit swap when you are done. Not intuitive. I've accidentally hung up on many a caller.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
rushfanx1
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpike View Post
That's how the note 3 works and how the s3 worked. You hit swap when you are done. Not intuitive. I've accidentally hung up on many a caller.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Seems thats the way it works... I definitely know that on the S4, it correctly hung up only the active call...
Oh well... Phone is still great. I live with it.
Tags
call waiting
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Your Special xda:devcon ’14 Hotel And Conference Rate While It Lasts

By now you’ve definitely heard about XDA’s … more

Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more