FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] Help needed to ROOT 6435LVW

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
By trueman., Member on 21st April 2014, 10:20 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

Sorry to start this thread because I have read many but can't find the actual help to ROOT this device Verizon HTC6435LVW.

When I go into bootloader I see this (Image: Bootloader)


and when I try to install recovery got this;

(Image: recovery error)


Can someone tell me where to unlock my bootloader or how to root this device.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bootloader.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	2699546   Click image for larger version

Name:	recov error.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	2699547  
Last edited by trueman.; 23rd April 2014 at 11:42 AM.
 
 
21st April 2014, 08:16 PM |#2  
danjull's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 784
 
Donate to Me
More
Been so long I fooled with it. But try this?

http://rumrunner.us


Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to danjull For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 12:47 AM |#3  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Before you can send a recovery you need to unlock the bootloader and achieve soff. Like mentioned above the website linked is a one click program that will unlock and turn the device soff. From there you can flash a custom recovery and then flash the newest su zip found on the su website and you will achieve root.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaggar345 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 02:03 AM |#4  
trueman.'s Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345

Before you can send a recovery you need to unlock the bootloader and achieve soff. Like mentioned above the website linked is a one click program that will unlock and turn the device soff. From there you can flash a custom recovery and then flash the newest su zip found on the su website and you will achieve root.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


Quote:
Originally Posted by danjull

Been so long I fooled with it. But try this?

http://rumrunner.us


Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the reply,
One thing to ask you guys, what should I use 3.06 DNA specific tool or HTC Universal one??

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 02:06 AM |#5  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueman.

Thanks for the reply,
One thing to ask you guys, what should I use 3.06 DNA specific tool or HTC Universal one??

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Make sure to use the DNA specific one or it won't work. Let me know if you run into any issues and I can help you out. But it's pretty self explanatory. Follow the directions and profit. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaggar345 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 02:08 AM |#6  
trueman.'s Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345

Make sure to use the DNA specific one or it won't work. Let me know if you run into any issues and I can help you out. But it's pretty self explanatory. Follow the directions and profit. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks buddy will try and report back here soon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk


Edit: Thanks alot buddy Phone rooted and s-off as well, thanks for your kind support.
Last edited by trueman.; 22nd April 2014 at 05:20 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes