Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] [HELP] Trying to flash TWRP on V50020b

OP ruhelking1

15th April 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Im trying to flash TWRP on my v50020b but cannot seem to do it. Its currently on the stock 4.4.2 GB rom. Please can someone advise me how to do this.

Thank You.
15th April 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
You can use dd to write the aboot.img of 4.2.2 back. This will allow the old Loki flash method.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698267 Step 3

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
21st April 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloommax

You can use dd to write the aboot.img of 4.2.2 back. This will allow the old Loki flash method.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698267 Step 3

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk


i tried doing this couldn't get it to work.. i have of done it wrong?

could you post the steps in noob style?

or does anyone know of a guide on how to install a custom recovery on a V50020b running stock 4.4.2 (i managed to root just need recovery)
21st April 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
Cal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gklute

i tried doing this couldn't get it to work.. i have of done it wrong?

could you post the steps in noob style?

or does anyone know of a guide on how to install a custom recovery on a V50020b running stock 4.4.2 (i managed to root just need recovery)

I had the same problem until I ran across this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698267 {Acually the same you quoted}
If you'll go down to the download Step #3 and copy that zip file to your computer and unzip it and run the bat file it will install TWRP v2.7. Of course you'll have to install the LG USB drivers and install from your computer. (Won't work otherwise) Also be sure and use the second down connection for USB on your tablet - M-something, but not the charging one.
Also - get a good reboot app so you won't have to hold the buttons.
Last edited by Cal; 26th April 2014 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Correction
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #5  
Hugo-PT's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Matosinhos
Thanks Meter: 292
 
425 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhelking1

Im trying to flash TWRP on my v50020b but cannot seem to do it. Its currently on the stock 4.4.2 GB rom. Please can someone advise me how to do this.

You're being vague! Which TWRP?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes