Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 39,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Prestigio MultiPad 4 Quantum Root Help (PMP5297C_QUAD)

Tip us?

ReNZoRUK
Old
(Last edited by ReNZoRUK; 17th May 2014 at 03:18 PM.) Reason: Issue has been solved! - thanks brugos!
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation [Q] Prestigio MultiPad 4 Quantum Root Help (PMP5297C_QUAD)

[ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED! - Download and use "ROOT Genius" to root this particular brand of tablet. I have personally tested it and can confirm it works on Firmware revisions: v1.0.07 and v1.0.9! Thanks to "brugos" for finding the fix and bringing it to my attention!]

Hey guys

I do hope I have posted this question in the correct forum, if not I do apologise.

As you can probably tell from the title, I am looking for a way to root my 9.7 inch Prestigio MultiPad 4 Quantum 9.7 tablet (Model: PMP5297C_QUAD).

I have been looking for a way to root this since December, and even though I have found several articles (non English) explaining how to root this device (and have been through all the relevant threads I could find regarding my device on XDA), all of the guides have been for firmware v1.0.3 - my tablet is v1.0.7. I went ahead and tried it anyway, and although CWM installed and launched fine, installing the SuperSU binary via CWM did nothing. It installs, but nothing appears in Android when I reboot, and installing SuperSU from Play Store alerts me that the SuperSU binaries are not installed.

I tried "Kingo Android ROOT" and that wouldn't even detect the device, which isn't surprising as it isn't listed on their website. However somebody on a similar thread (on XDA) suggested that the OP (who has the same tablet as myself) at least try it. I did try it, and sadly it doesn't work.

Device information:
Prestigio MultiPad 4 Quantum 9.7" Tablet
Model Number: PMP5297C_QUAD
Firmware: v1.0.7 (December 2013)
FW Build Number: PMP5297C_QUAD_20131204_V1.0.7
Android Version: 4.2.2

If there is anybody out there who has any idea what to try, then I am willing to listen. If anybody needs any other information, I am more than willing to give it

Cheers guys

brugos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Prestigio multipad 4 quantum 9.7

The same here..trying to find a way to root for the new firmware...still haven't got anything...

ReNZoRUK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Yeah... doesn't seem to be a very popular brand of tablet :/ Which is a shame as its pretty damn snappy with the v1.0.7 firmware. I wanna get a resolution changer to work, but none I have tried will work without rooting. Only wanna drop the res for better gaming framerates lol

brugos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
yeah agree...doesn't seem very popular... I guess we should wait some time more.... did you try rooting with the old firmware and then updating to the new firmware? I guess it wouldn't work anyway....

ReNZoRUK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Nope... from past experience rooting phones updating the firmware breaks the root as v1.0.7 replaced the entire OS if I remember...

Tried the root for v1.0.3 while using v1.0.7... ClockWorkMod installed and works fine, but the SuperSU binary doesn't work/install It was a gamble incase it screwed anything up but luckily it didn't - however, it also didn't work

And yeah, looks like we will need to wait a while longer... I do hope someone out there somewhere knows what to do lol Just gotta find them or wait for them to find us lol

brugos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey dude...you still haven't find root? If not try with root genious... I got root now on my tablet...running the latest firmware 1.0.9

Regards!
The Following User Says Thank You to brugos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ReNZoRUK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Ah man! You are AMAZING! lol

I almost gave up trying to find a root - until now!

I had no idea that there was a new FW released a few weeks back, just updated it and downloaded "ROOT Genius" - worked first time!

Excellent work there dude, thank you so much and thank you for taking the time to share it with me, and the rest of the people out there who have been in the same situation as us who are still looking for a fix!

Now we have it! Excellent work!

brugos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You welcome!

Just curious what are you going to do to your tablet having root now?
Do you know if there is any posibility to install any rom or something like that?
Also knowing Prestigio I guess would be hard to find some updates hmmm

ReNZoRUK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Hey man

Well the main reason I wanted to root first of all was to adjust the resolution of the display, it has a beautiful high resolution display as you know but some games... the FPS leave a lot to be desired. After doing some reading, some posts suggested lowering the display resolution to increase FPS - and the only way to do that was to root the device.

I did try one app, but it went a bit wrong lol. I was hoping it would readjust the resolution and resize the interface accordingly... instead it ended up changing the resolution, but the interface stayed MASSIVE. The device was inoperable and keep getting a "UI Error" constantly popping up making it unusable at all lol. Had to reflash and re-root so I am looking for another option

Beyond that, I have used custom ROMs in the past on my Android phones, but as far as I know, I believe there is only one ROM out there for our tablet and its based on CyanogenMOD I think... I may be wrong, but I thought I read something somewhere about it. Apart from that though, I am not really sure what else I will do now it is rooted Will open the door to some other apps for certain, but the OS itself seems fine and since the new firmware (v1.0.9) - it feels even faster than before!

What do you have in mind?

brugos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah I noticed the issue of FPS in some games.... Well I didn't do many things yet I instaled Xposed and some modules.... and also I removed the navingation bar...is just that I dont like the way the navigation bar and status bar are together... thats why I was searching for another rom also which could have not the Ice cream sandwich bar.
I've found this: crewrktablets.arctablet.com where there are some roms with kit kat that may be work for our tablet but nothing confirmed yet...so I'm not sure if I'm gonna try it

and yeah with the new firmware is much faster thats cool.... but I'm almost sure will be forever in 4.2.2