MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Thread Closed

New updates

21st April 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
So with the new kit kat update incoming, I've heard that it might lock down the s4 even harder. For future purposes, if I were to odin restore my s4 to stock, and then the phone starts automatically updating to 4.4, what would i do to stop the update (because I don't want my s4 to be even more locked!)?
22nd April 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondlikesroot

So with the new kit kat update incoming, I've heard that it might lock down the s4 even harder. For future purposes, if I were to odin restore my s4 to stock, and then the phone starts automatically updating to 4.4, what would i do to stop the update (because I don't want my s4 to be even more locked!)?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2360206
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishikatta

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2360206

Thanks for the fast reply! However, you kind of misinterpreted the question. I'm trying to ask what to do when you
1) Odin Restore ( So the phone is on factory settings ! duh.. but the important thing is that the update apps are back to normal; i.e. unfrozen)
2) Boot phone up
3) Phone already starts the update sequence


I'm not really sure if this can happen because it never automatically updated ever before, but just in case... Or does the updater app never auto update?
22nd April 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondlikesroot

Thanks for the fast reply! However, you kind of misinterpreted the question. I'm trying to ask what to do when you
1) Odin Restore ( So the phone is on factory settings ! duh.. but the important thing is that the update apps are back to normal; i.e. unfrozen)
2) Boot phone up
3) Phone already starts the update sequence


I'm not really sure if this can happen because it never automatically updated ever before, but just in case... Or does the updater app never auto update?

It won't start updating without prompting, and SDM is what does the prompting.

I would recommend simply turning on airplane mode until you're able to root/freeze sdm/fwupgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishikatta

It won't start updating without prompting, and SDM is what does the prompting.

I would recommend simply turning on airplane mode until you're able to root/freeze sdm/fwupgrade.

ah i see. Thanks
22nd April 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #6  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 9,968
 
5,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Thread closed. Please continue all 4.4.3 discussion in this thread.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank