Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New updates

Tip us?

Raymondlikesroot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default New updates

So with the new kit kat update incoming, I've heard that it might lock down the s4 even harder. For future purposes, if I were to odin restore my s4 to stock, and then the phone starts automatically updating to 4.4, what would i do to stop the update (because I don't want my s4 to be even more locked!)?
leave a thanks if i helped! Raymond

Oishikatta
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondlikesroot View Post
So with the new kit kat update incoming, I've heard that it might lock down the s4 even harder. For future purposes, if I were to odin restore my s4 to stock, and then the phone starts automatically updating to 4.4, what would i do to stop the update (because I don't want my s4 to be even more locked!)?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2360206
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Raymondlikesroot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishikatta View Post
Thanks for the fast reply! However, you kind of misinterpreted the question. I'm trying to ask what to do when you
1) Odin Restore ( So the phone is on factory settings ! duh.. but the important thing is that the update apps are back to normal; i.e. unfrozen)
2) Boot phone up
3) Phone already starts the update sequence

I'm not really sure if this can happen because it never automatically updated ever before, but just in case... Or does the updater app never auto update?

Oishikatta
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondlikesroot View Post
Thanks for the fast reply! However, you kind of misinterpreted the question. I'm trying to ask what to do when you
1) Odin Restore ( So the phone is on factory settings ! duh.. but the important thing is that the update apps are back to normal; i.e. unfrozen)
2) Boot phone up
3) Phone already starts the update sequence

I'm not really sure if this can happen because it never automatically updated ever before, but just in case... Or does the updater app never auto update?
It won't start updating without prompting, and SDM is what does the prompting.

I would recommend simply turning on airplane mode until you're able to root/freeze sdm/fwupgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Raymondlikesroot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishikatta View Post
It won't start updating without prompting, and SDM is what does the prompting.

I would recommend simply turning on airplane mode until you're able to root/freeze sdm/fwupgrade.
ah i see. Thanks

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9508
Thread closed. Please continue all 4.4.3 discussion in this thread.
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe