Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should I risk custom recovery and root "OTA" 4.3

Tip us?

crbnfbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Should I risk custom recovery and root "OTA" 4.3

So, I get my replacement phone from the insurance company, and of course it's 4.3 software. Here is the interesting thing. I keep getting "internet unstable" messages, and I never got the with OTA 4.3.
I did however get them when I went to Bean's 4.3 leak. Could it be possible someone flashed Bean's or some other earlier leak, and the insurance company would see 4.3?

If somehow what I just posted above is actually true what would my risks be, and could I just try putting a custom recover on?

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3681

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So, I get my replacement phone from the insurance company, and of course it's 4.3 software. Here is the interesting thing. I keep getting "internet unstable" messages, and I never got the with OTA 4.3.
I did however get them when I went to Bean's 4.3 leak. Could it be possible someone flashed Bean's or some other earlier leak, and the insurance company would see 4.3?

If somehow what I just posted above is actually true what would my risks be, and could I just try putting a custom recover on?

Don't think it has Beans flashed on it.. you would see it in the build description or build prop if that is the case.
The message your getting is a known thing on 4.3.. it happens on every 4.3 rom as far I know unless it is disabled or removed..
I don't think it's an issue it just simply stating that wifi is in and out..
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

crbnfbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Don't think it has Beans flashed on it.. you would see it in the build description or build prop if that is the case.
The message your getting is a known thing on 4.3.. it happens on every 4.3 rom as far I know unless it is disabled or removed..
I don't think it's an issue it just simply stating that wifi is in and out..
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Obviously, you're right about saying Beans in the build #. I never had the wifi notices with Sophisticated 2.0 rom, and ran that for over a month.