Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 using Mac OS.

OP hzlx

19th April 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 169

631 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

you might want to reset your phone using a ruu before to make sure your issue is really related to an hardware defect.

This ruu.zip will reset your phone to stock 1.28.401.7 (android 4.1.2) and hboot 1.44.

Then if you see the phone still have the issue, remove the tampered flag and set the bootloader back to ''LOCKED'' using this tool. Then s-on and send for warranty repair/replacement. This procedure must be done before you take any ota that will update your phone to hboot 1.55 or the tampered flag will come back and you'll have to s-off again and redo the entire procedure.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Make sure the ruu.zip is in the same folder where adb and fastboot are.

Code:
./adb reboot bootloader
or manually reboot the phone in bootloader using power + vol down
Code:
./fastboot oem rebootRUU
make sure ''RUU'' are capital letters
Code:
./fastboot flash name_of_ruu.zip
First time it will output a failed message, do the same command again:
Code:

@alray ahhh good point I forgot the second time and with putting it in the adb/fastboot folder. But I've heard that you didn't need s-on to send it back as long as your just *LOCKED*. Eh may each individual phone differ from the other. Thanks for fixing my mistakes
19th April 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #22  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,283

3,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pball52998

@alrayBut I've heard that you didn't need s-on to send it back as long as your just *LOCKED*.

Yes in most places, they will not care about S-OFF but some members here reported that their local service center refused to honor the warranty because the phone was S-OFF. Personally, I wouldn't S-ON.
22nd April 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #23  
OP Junior Member
Flag Torreon
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

you might want to reset your phone using a ruu before to make sure your issue is really related to an hardware defect.

This ruu.zip will reset your phone to stock 1.28.401.7 (android 4.1.2) and hboot 1.44.

Then if you see the phone still have the issue, remove the tampered flag and set the bootloader back to ''LOCKED'' using this tool. Then s-on and send for warranty repair/replacement. This procedure must be done before you take any ota that will update your phone to hboot 1.55 or the tampered flag will come back and you'll have to s-off again and redo the entire procedure.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Make sure the ruu.zip is in the same folder where adb and fastboot are.

Code:
./adb reboot bootloader
or manually reboot the phone in bootloader using power + vol down
Code:
./fastboot oem rebootRUU
make sure ''RUU'' are capital letters
Code:
First time it will output a failed message, do the same command again:
Code:

So... i continued with the signal problems, with 4.3 ... so i came back to the forum to check these instructions... i've downloaded the ZIP file, and inserted the codes in terminal (just had to make these fixes:

Code:
./flashboot reboot-bootloader
or manually reboot the phone in bootloader using power + vol down (added a hyphen)
Code:
./fastboot oem rebootRUU
make sure ''RUU'' are capital letters (this one was ok)
Code:
./fastboot flash zip name_of_ruu.zip
added "zip" before the name of the file.
Code:

now i'm trying with version 4.1 to see if problems persist.
22nd April 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #24  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,283

3,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzlx

So... i continued with the signal problems, with 4.3 ... so i came back to the forum to check these instructions... i've downloaded the ZIP file, and inserted the codes in terminal (just had to make these fixes:

Code:
./flashboot reboot-bootloader
or manually reboot the phone in bootloader using power + vol down (added a hyphen)
Code:
./fastboot oem rebootRUU
make sure ''RUU'' are capital letters (this one was ok)
Code:
Code:

now i'm trying with version 4.1 to see if problems persist.

yes you are correct i forgot the ''zip'' in ''fastboot flash zip name_of_file.zip''

./flashboot reboot-bootloader is incorrect. its fastboot not flashboot.

use either adb reboot bootloader without a hyphen when phone is in OS or recovery or fastboot reboot-bootloader when phone is in bootloader. And btw if the phone is already in bootloader mode, you don't have to reboot it using fastboot reboot-bootloader before going in ruu mode.
Last edited by alray; 22nd April 2014 at 04:26 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread