Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stable d2lte build?

Tip us?

bradley129
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default Stable d2lte build?

No this IS NOT a best rom thread its a bug report every d2lte rom I try gives me at most 2 bars even manually adding the apns while I don't get under 3 in touchwiz does anyone know a d2lte rom that has good signal?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

counterfeit187
Old
Thanks Meter 110
One problem is that Touchwiz aort of lies about signal strength. Cm uses aosp signal reporting which i believe is more accurate. You may be getting signal at the same strength but looks like a better connection on Samsung's UI. Have you looked at actual numbers for the signal?

Devices: SPH-L710 (d2spr/Galaxys3), Nexus 7 (grouper), Asus TF300T
KitKat

Remember to thank helpful posts. (:
The Following User Says Thank You to counterfeit187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradley129
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Yes I actually get 4g where I live with touchwiz but I have to be in the middle of town to get 4g on aosp so its def a real issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to bradley129 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterfeit187 View Post
One problem is that Touchwiz aort of lies about signal strength. Cm uses aosp signal reporting which i believe is more accurate. You may be getting signal at the same strength but looks like a better connection on Samsung's UI. Have you looked at actual numbers for the signal?

No it doesn't... It uses 6 steps instead of 4 that most AOSP ROMs use. The real way to tell though is to go into About Device and see what the signal strength is... Bottom line, what is the reason you are wanting AOSP over TouchWiz? If it's not a very good reason then try a couple different TouchWiz ROMs to see if you can find one you like. TouchWiz will always have less bugs than AOSP.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lvpre
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley129 View Post
Yes I actually get 4g where I live with touchwiz but I have to be in the middle of town to get 4g on aosp so its def a real issue.

Try the latest cm nightly...4-20. It should have the APN issue fixed. get.cm and then hit d2lte

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7385

DONATE TO ME
Moved to Q&A.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradley129
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
Moved to Q&A.
Sorry and thanks.