Ask a question

No registration required

Stable d2lte build?

OP bradley129

20th April 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 63

126 posts
No this IS NOT a best rom thread its a bug report every d2lte rom I try gives me at most 2 bars even manually adding the apns while I don't get under 3 in touchwiz does anyone know a d2lte rom that has good signal?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
20th April 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 114

536 posts
More
One problem is that Touchwiz aort of lies about signal strength. Cm uses aosp signal reporting which i believe is more accurate. You may be getting signal at the same strength but looks like a better connection on Samsung's UI. Have you looked at actual numbers for the signal?

The Following User Says Thank You to counterfeit187 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #3  

126 posts
Yes I actually get 4g where I live with touchwiz but I have to be in the middle of town to get 4g on aosp so its def a real issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to bradley129 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 29,269

15,899 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterfeit187

One problem is that Touchwiz aort of lies about signal strength. Cm uses aosp signal reporting which i believe is more accurate. You may be getting signal at the same strength but looks like a better connection on Samsung's UI. Have you looked at actual numbers for the signal?

No it doesn't... It uses 6 steps instead of 4 that most AOSP ROMs use. The real way to tell though is to go into About Device and see what the signal strength is... Bottom line, what is the reason you are wanting AOSP over TouchWiz? If it's not a very good reason then try a couple different TouchWiz ROMs to see if you can find one you like. TouchWiz will always have less bugs than AOSP.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 183

345 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley129

Yes I actually get 4g where I live with touchwiz but I have to be in the middle of town to get 4g on aosp so its def a real issue.

Try the latest cm nightly...4-20. It should have the APN issue fixed. get.cm and then hit d2lte
22nd April 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #7  

126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn

Moved to Q&A.

Sorry and thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread