Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] warranty with Samsung

Tip us?

2trainz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] warranty with Samsung

I'm about to send my phone off to Samsung to get something fixed and I was wondering how I can make sure that I still have my warranty on my rooted phone. I'm running the stock ROM ROOTED on my Canadian n900w8 with my Knox at 0x0 but my status at CUSTOM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2804
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2trainz View Post
I'm about to send my phone off to Samsung to get something fixed and I was wondering how I can make sure that I still have my warranty on my rooted phone. I'm running the stock ROM ROOTED on my Canadian n900w8 with my Knox at 0x0 but my status at CUSTOM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you reflash the stock rom with Odin and data factory reset after that the status should say official or try the factory reset first (may work or else reflash stock). Good luck
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

2trainz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
If you reflash the stock rom with Odin and data factory reset after that the status should say official or try the factory reset first (may work or else reflash stock). Good luck
Could I just delete all my apps that need root, do a triangle away to change my status to official and remove root with SuperSU? Would that be the same thing ? I didn't flash any Roms before. Thanks a lot for the help!

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2804
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2trainz View Post
Could I just delete all my apps that need root, do a triangle away to change my status to official and remove root with SuperSU? Would that be the same thing ? I didn't flash any Roms before. Thanks a lot for the help!
Then do the triangle away and after that do a data factory reset in settings/backup and restore/data reset (backup files first).
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 599

DONATE TO ME
I don't think the factory reset will help.

You can try the "Fake system status' in the Wanam Xposed.
If that doesn't help you should flash the stock firmware via Odin.