Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] warranty with Samsung

OP 2trainz

21st April 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
I'm about to send my phone off to Samsung to get something fixed and I was wondering how I can make sure that I still have my warranty on my rooted phone. I'm running the stock ROM ROOTED on my Canadian n900w8 with my Knox at 0x0 but my status at CUSTOM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
21st April 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,291

8,941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2trainz

I'm about to send my phone off to Samsung to get something fixed and I was wondering how I can make sure that I still have my warranty on my rooted phone. I'm running the stock ROM ROOTED on my Canadian n900w8 with my Knox at 0x0 but my status at CUSTOM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you reflash the stock rom with Odin and data factory reset after that the status should say official or try the factory reset first (may work or else reflash stock). Good luck
21st April 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

If you reflash the stock rom with Odin and data factory reset after that the status should say official or try the factory reset first (may work or else reflash stock). Good luck

Could I just delete all my apps that need root, do a triangle away to change my status to official and remove root with SuperSU? Would that be the same thing ? I didn't flash any Roms before. Thanks a lot for the help!
21st April 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,291

8,941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2trainz

Could I just delete all my apps that need root, do a triangle away to change my status to official and remove root with SuperSU? Would that be the same thing ? I didn't flash any Roms before. Thanks a lot for the help!

Then do the triangle away and after that do a data factory reset in settings/backup and restore/data reset (backup files first).
22nd April 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #5  
Vinnitsa
Thanks Meter: 968

2,654 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't think the factory reset will help.

You can try the "Fake system status' in the Wanam Xposed.
If that doesn't help you should flash the stock firmware via Odin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread