Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how long will note 10.1 2014 last???

Tip us?

yonghong
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] how long will note 10.1 2014 last???

Hi all. i am planning to buy one note 10.1 2014 version. but what I am concern is about its battery life? Anyone can give me advise of its battery life? approximately how long the battery would stand if continous playing standard quality movie with wifi off and medium brightness???hope for answer here.
I am also wondering the battery charging issue? takes 6 hours to charging from 5% to 100%???

haterbait
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Sounds right...

Mine does take about that long to charge fully. Seems normal after doing some reading here. Kinda slow, but probably necessary, I'm afraid. Not too sure about the length of time it will last with wifi off and a movie playing... I've never done it. Prolonged photoshop use with wifi on will give me about 3-4 hours from a full charge, I think. Just an estimate. I'm sure there is plenty of more technical answers out there, but you'd likely be able to watch a couple movies before a 6 hour charge is required.

yonghong
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default sony tablet z2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbait View Post
Mine does take about that long to charge fully. Seems normal after doing some reading here. Kinda slow, but probably necessary, I'm afraid. Not too sure about the length of time it will last with wifi off and a movie playing... I've never done it. Prolonged photoshop use with wifi on will give me about 3-4 hours from a full charge, I think. Just an estimate. I'm sure there is plenty of more technical answers out there, but you'd likely be able to watch a couple movies before a 6 hour charge is required.
Thanks bro. i m still considering between sony tablet z2 or note 10.1 2014. tablet z2 seem longer battery than note 10.1 but in term of internal memory ,note 10.1 32gb win all. i need larger storage to store the games inside. i know can root them and move the game data to sd card but i dont plan to root it as will spoiled the warranty. how u think bro?any advise on tat?

clouds5
Old
Thanks Meter 350
I usually have screen times between 8-10 hours. I watch videos read the Web and other news and slight gaming. Charging time is about 4h but that is just an estimate.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to clouds5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GalaxyNotesTx
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I can watch movies, Pandora, Milk Music, surf the net..WiFi on all the time, Average 13-15 hours , charge time is about 4.5 hours.. Love this tab!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyNotesTx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gramps50
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonghong View Post
Thanks bro. i m still considering between sony tablet z2 or note 10.1 2014. tablet z2 seem longer battery than note 10.1 but in term of internal memory ,note 10.1 32gb win all. i need larger storage to store the games inside. i know can root them and move the game data to sd card but i dont plan to root it as will spoiled the warranty. how u think bro?any advise on tat?
In the USA you will be able to get the Z2 tablet with 32 GB interal ram. I was considering that tablet too.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app