Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Uninstalled apps reappear when my phone reboots! WTF?

Tip us?

Sleepycloud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default [Q] Uninstalled apps reappear when my phone reboots! WTF?

I just rooted my phone. I can't make changes to my phone because it will randonly reboot. Especially when I use TitNium backup to convert a user app to a system app. Can anyone tell me why this is happening please and how to fix this.

03orlandor6
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepycloud View Post
I just rooted my phone. I can't make changes to my phone because it will randonly reboot. Especially when I use TitNium backup to convert a user app to a system app. Can anyone tell me why this is happening please and how to fix this.
If you have unlocked the bootloader, and are S-Off you still need to load either a ROM with a modified kernel so you can write to the directory or just load the modified kernal. If you dont everytime you reboot the default apps will reappear.

You can try VIPER or you can just load a different kernel like Badseed.
The Following User Says Thank You to 03orlandor6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleepycloud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Yeah, I'm s-off. I used Firewater for that. Okay, thank you for that info. I completely understand. I'll do that later today. Do you have a preference of one over the other?

Rydah805
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1150

DONATE TO ME
Or you can stay stock and add the wp_mod.ko mod to your phone. It's in the original development section in the international m8 thread. That's what I use. So far I've noticed a modified kernel on this phone has been making Bluetooth skip randomly in my car, but an all stock kernel doesn't.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)

ThisIzRydah.com
Check Me Out On The Google Play Store!!!
Check Me Out On iTunes!!!
Check Me Out On Amazon MP3!!!
Check Me Out On Zune!!!
HTC One (M8) - Amber Gold
HTC One (M7) - Half Stealth Black/Half Glacier Silver
Samsung Galaxy S4