Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Uninstalled apps reappear when my phone reboots! WTF?

OP Sleepycloud

20th April 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag I live in your ROM.
Thanks Meter: 49

310 posts
More
I just rooted my phone. I can't make changes to my phone because it will randonly reboot. Especially when I use TitNium backup to convert a user app to a system app. Can anyone tell me why this is happening please and how to fix this.
20th April 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepycloud

I just rooted my phone. I can't make changes to my phone because it will randonly reboot. Especially when I use TitNium backup to convert a user app to a system app. Can anyone tell me why this is happening please and how to fix this.

If you have unlocked the bootloader, and are S-Off you still need to load either a ROM with a modified kernel so you can write to the directory or just load the modified kernal. If you dont everytime you reboot the default apps will reappear.

You can try VIPER or you can just load a different kernel like Badseed.
The Following User Says Thank You to 03orlandor6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag I live in your ROM.
Thanks Meter: 49

310 posts
More
Yeah, I'm s-off. I used Firewater for that. Okay, thank you for that info. I completely understand. I'll do that later today. Do you have a preference of one over the other?
22nd April 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,180

3,862 posts
Donate to Me
More
Or you can stay stock and add the wp_mod.ko mod to your phone. It's in the original development section in the international m8 thread. That's what I use. So far I've noticed a modified kernel on this phone has been making Bluetooth skip randomly in my car, but an all stock kernel doesn't.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread