[Q] Updated my ZTE Supreme and now the phone won't work?

OP kevinnnn

16th April 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
So yesterday my phone popped up with an update. I installed it not thinking anything of it. Well now my ZTE Supreme won't work. It turns on but it will not connect to the Virgin Mobile Service and I cannot get the camera to work and it runs slow and when I go to click on an app the phone basically freezes. What are my options?

I have a ZTE Supreme running Jelly Bean 4.1.2
16th April 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 562

2,944 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinnnn

So yesterday my phone popped up with an update. I installed it not thinking anything of it. Well now my ZTE Supreme won't work. It turns on but it will not connect to the Virgin Mobile Service and I cannot get the camera to work and it runs slow and when I go to click on an app the phone basically freezes. What are my options?

I have a ZTE Supreme running Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Was your phone rooted and / or modified before the update? Is it an official Virgin phone or flashed from another service? Please share the build version of the software update. But basically your 3 options are to factory reset, reload original system (after reset), or installing a custom recovery and custom rom.
16th April 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Was your phone rooted and / or modified before the update? Is it an official Virgin phone or flashed from another service? Please share the build version of the software update. But basically your 3 options are to factory reset, reload original system (after reset), or installing a custom recovery and custom rom.

I hadn't done any rooting to the device. Also I did a reset like 5 times already. Didn't help. (By that I mean I went into the setting and hit the reset button and it wiped everything.) That didn't work at all. Also this is an official ZTE Supreme I bought from their website about 6 months ago.

Where do I go to get the build version? I see baseband version which is N9810B01. Is that what you wanted?

I am getting really pissed thinking that my phone might be ****ed because of an update :/
16th April 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #4  

2,944 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just thought of a possible issue with the data... See if you can update the profile and prl in the Settings. Most likely will be near the bottom above About Devices, or in About Devices. If that doesn't work, dialing this: ##rtn# is supposed to wipe user data and activation data so upon reboot should attempt to reconnect to Virgin services. As far as the camera, well, try clearing the caches of the camera and gallery in the Settings / Application Manager / All. As far as the slowness, I can't think of anything besides reloading the OS or a custom one. If the issue is in the /system then factory data resets don't touch that part.

Stock files found here: http://androidforums.com/vital-all-t...ml#post6305878

Guide for flashing here: http://androidforums.com/vital-all-t...ick-guide.html
16th April 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
[QUOTE=es0tericcha0s;51942090]Just thought of a possible issue with the data... See if you can update the profile and prl in the Settings. Most likely will be near the bottom above About Devices, or in About Devices. If that doesn't work, dialing this: ##rtn# is supposed to wipe user data and activation data so upon reboot should attempt to reconnect to Virgin services. As far as the camera, well, try clearing the caches of the camera and gallery in the Settings / Application Manager / All. As far as the slowness, I can't think of anything besides reloading the OS or a custom one. If the issue is in the /system then factory data resets don't touch that part.

When I tried to update PRL I got erorr 25606. Tried dialing that thing you suggested but I can't get the phone to come up. Just keeps freezing and then something pops up saying launch failed or something like that. Also, how do I reload OS or a custom? Sorry I can be a bit of a newb to this kinda stuff. I don't normally do anything to my phone other then the basics.

Oh I just got the phone to come up and I put in what you said and it says 'please input MSL... what is that?
16th April 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #6  

2,944 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=kevinnnn;51942407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Just thought of a possible issue with the data... See if you can update the profile and prl in the Settings. Most likely will be near the bottom above About Devices, or in About Devices. If that doesn't work, dialing this: ##rtn# is supposed to wipe user data and activation data so upon reboot should attempt to reconnect to Virgin services. As far as the camera, well, try clearing the caches of the camera and gallery in the Settings / Application Manager / All. As far as the slowness, I can't think of anything besides reloading the OS or a custom one. If the issue is in the /system then factory data resets don't touch that part.

When I tried to update PRL I got erorr 25606. Tried dialing that thing you suggested but I can't get the phone to come up. Just keeps freezing and then something pops up saying launch failed or something like that. Also, how do I reload OS or a custom? Sorry I can be a bit of a newb to this kinda stuff. I don't normally do anything to my phone other then the basics.

Oh I just got the phone to come up and I put in what you said and it says 'please input MSL... what is that?

You can try this app to get your MSL (also referred to as SPC depending on the situation) http://www.4shared.com/android/M8qqY...erter_052.html

But I provided links to both, the files you need, and the guide for how to install them. Did you not even bother to click on them?
16th April 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
[QUOTE=es0tericcha0s;51942778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinnnn

You can try this app to get your MSL (also referred to as SPC depending on the situation)

But I provided links to both, the files you need, and the guide for how to install them. Did you not even bother to click on them?

I did click on them. But like I said I am a big newbie with this stuff. I have never dealt with any of this stuff before. Do I wanna download the system, boot, or recovery? (from the link you provided...) Also, I entered my phone into FTM mode but now what? I'm really sorry, maybe I'm just stupid.
16th April 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #8  

2,944 posts
Donate to Me
More
It'd be best if you read through the thread and then asked questions afterwards if there is something that isn't spelled out somewhere throughout the thread. They aren't THAT long and you could learn a lot. This stuff is not rocket science, but it does need patience and reading comprehension. The threads there are populated by n00bs and advanced users as well, so there's a good chance someone has had the same questions as you do. The people on those threads will also probably be more likely to help as it's not a very popular phone and not much support for. xda doesn't even have a specific forum for it. But, as you start, you'll need a working Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/8.1) computer or Linux, if you're more comfortable with that for some reason. A good data sync cord. The correct drivers. You probably only need the system.img, but won't hurt to do the others to get a complete full restore.
22nd April 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 9

78 posts
Smile wallpaper
Wallpaper Background zte vital supreme please

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread