[Q] Can't return to stock firmware

21st April 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

no problem

When I reboot, I get a black background with red HTC and white text, and then I get the usual boot animation(with sound).

Is the first part stock or custom? Can't remember if I modded it...
Last edited by theplaypig; 21st April 2014 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Wrong details
21st April 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #12  
Flag Hereford
Thanks Meter: 184

667 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theplaypig

When I reboot, I get a black background with red HTC and white text, and then I get the usual boot animation(with sound).

Is the first part stock or custom? Can't remember if I modded it...

Can you post a pic of the screen.
Did you follow nkk71's guide for returning to full stock?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bored_stupid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid

Can you post a pic of the screen.
Did you follow nkk71's guide for returning to full stock?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Here's a video: http://youtu.be/jUMIhA_mKE4

I had to downgrade my hboot from 1.56 to 1.44 to get S-ON, I suppose I should upgrade it to the latest version so it matches everything else?

Edit:
I followed this guide: http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/
Last edited by theplaypig; 21st April 2014 at 03:31 PM.
21st April 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969

5,986 posts
More
Quote:

Here's a video: http://youtu.be/jUMIhA_mKE4

I had to downgrade my hboot from 1.56 to 1.44 to get S-ON, I suppose I should upgrade it to the latest version so it matches everything else?

Edit:
I followed this guide: http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/

that video show's correct (stock) bootup and powerdown animations, but a (possibly) modded bootsplash.... that would be partition mmcblk0p13 and can't be flashed without S-Off
though an RUU should have taken care of that!!

PS: I say possibly, because maybe your version (HTC__621) is supposed to be like that.
21st April 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:

that video show's correct (stock) bootup and powerdown animations, but a (possibly) modded bootsplash.... that would be partition mmcblk0p13 and can't be flashed without S-Off
though an RUU should have taken care of that!!

PS: I say possibly, because maybe your version (HTC__621) is supposed to be like that.

I ran the RUU via zip not exe, maybe that's the issue? I think I'll have to S-OFF again to fix it...

And the hboot part? Should I upgrade it to a matching version for a valid warranty?
21st April 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969

5,986 posts
More
Quote:

I ran the RUU via zip not exe, maybe that's the issue? I think I'll have to S-OFF again to fix it...

And the hboot part? Should I upgrade it to a matching version for a valid warranty?

doesn't matter if it was a ruu.zip or ruu.exe both would/should change the bootsplash... can you check the zip if it has "splash1.nb0" that would be the bootsplash.

ruu (zip or exe) contain everything so hboot and bootsplash should already by stock.

maybe it's just supposed to be that way for you??
22nd April 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:

doesn't matter if it was a ruu.zip or ruu.exe both would/should change the bootsplash... can you check the zip if it has "splash1.nb0" that would be the bootsplash.

ruu (zip or exe) contain everything so hboot and bootsplash should already by stock.

maybe it's just supposed to be that way for you??

Checked the RUU zip and it doesn't have the bootsplash, a simplified version of RUU I guess...

So I decided to run a RUU exe, which should be more complete and thorough, 100% back to stock.

But since I couldn't S-ON yesterday, I downgraded my hboot from 1.56 to 1.44 (I thought upgrading it back to 1.56 would be simple).

Now I can't get S-OFF to run the RUU exe(can't use revone because it doesn't work with my version of something),
and some things don't match when I try to run it with S-ON.

I can't find any newer version of RUU or the latest hboot for download.

Overall, I ****ed up pretty bad and I think I'm about to send it back regardless of warranty...
Returning to stock is a lot harder than I thought, all this time put in to fix the purple camera thing...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread