Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,776 Members 53,516 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't return to stock firmware

Tip us?

theplaypig
Old
(Last edited by theplaypig; 21st April 2014 at 02:22 PM.) Reason: Wrong details
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
no problem
When I reboot, I get a black background with red HTC and white text, and then I get the usual boot animation(with sound).

Is the first part stock or custom? Can't remember if I modded it...

bored_stupid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by theplaypig View Post
When I reboot, I get a black background with red HTC and white text, and then I get the usual boot animation(with sound).

Is the first part stock or custom? Can't remember if I modded it...
Can you post a pic of the screen.
Did you follow nkk71's guide for returning to full stock?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bored_stupid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theplaypig
Old
(Last edited by theplaypig; 21st April 2014 at 03:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid View Post
Can you post a pic of the screen.
Did you follow nkk71's guide for returning to full stock?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Here's a video: http://youtu.be/jUMIhA_mKE4

I had to downgrade my hboot from 1.56 to 1.44 to get S-ON, I suppose I should upgrade it to the latest version so it matches everything else?

Edit:
I followed this guide: http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,927
Quote:
Here's a video: http://youtu.be/jUMIhA_mKE4

I had to downgrade my hboot from 1.56 to 1.44 to get S-ON, I suppose I should upgrade it to the latest version so it matches everything else?

Edit:
I followed this guide: http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/
that video show's correct (stock) bootup and powerdown animations, but a (possibly) modded bootsplash.... that would be partition mmcblk0p13 and can't be flashed without S-Off
though an RUU should have taken care of that!!

PS: I say possibly, because maybe your version (HTC__621) is supposed to be like that.

theplaypig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
that video show's correct (stock) bootup and powerdown animations, but a (possibly) modded bootsplash.... that would be partition mmcblk0p13 and can't be flashed without S-Off
though an RUU should have taken care of that!!

PS: I say possibly, because maybe your version (HTC__621) is supposed to be like that.
I ran the RUU via zip not exe, maybe that's the issue? I think I'll have to S-OFF again to fix it...

And the hboot part? Should I upgrade it to a matching version for a valid warranty?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,927
Quote:
I ran the RUU via zip not exe, maybe that's the issue? I think I'll have to S-OFF again to fix it...

And the hboot part? Should I upgrade it to a matching version for a valid warranty?
doesn't matter if it was a ruu.zip or ruu.exe both would/should change the bootsplash... can you check the zip if it has "splash1.nb0" that would be the bootsplash.

ruu (zip or exe) contain everything so hboot and bootsplash should already by stock.

maybe it's just supposed to be that way for you??

theplaypig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
doesn't matter if it was a ruu.zip or ruu.exe both would/should change the bootsplash... can you check the zip if it has "splash1.nb0" that would be the bootsplash.

ruu (zip or exe) contain everything so hboot and bootsplash should already by stock.

maybe it's just supposed to be that way for you??
Checked the RUU zip and it doesn't have the bootsplash, a simplified version of RUU I guess...

So I decided to run a RUU exe, which should be more complete and thorough, 100% back to stock.

But since I couldn't S-ON yesterday, I downgraded my hboot from 1.56 to 1.44 (I thought upgrading it back to 1.56 would be simple).

Now I can't get S-OFF to run the RUU exe(can't use revone because it doesn't work with my version of something),
and some things don't match when I try to run it with S-ON.

I can't find any newer version of RUU or the latest hboot for download.

Overall, I ****ed up pretty bad and I think I'm about to send it back regardless of warranty...
Returning to stock is a lot harder than I thought, all this time put in to fix the purple camera thing...