Tip us?

cosine83
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayaakel View Post
Hey guys
I need this simple question answered. I don't want root on my Xperia Z1s just yet. All I want is to know if I can flash an international ftf to the phone and not brick it?? And whether there is a specific ftf I need to find or what?
Thank you very much
No. Z1s is unrootable, currently.

gqukyo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Hey guys
I need this simple question answered. I don't want root on my Xperia Z1s just yet. All I want is to know if I can flash an international ftf to the phone and not brick it?? And whether there is a specific ftf I need to find or what?
Thank you very much
From what I understand, the flash completes without errors but the phone won't boot. Some kernel and or partition issues. In short, no you currently cannot.

icebear8
Old
Thanks Meter 13
man and i almost bought this phone it was this or the S5 and got the S5 and rooted and installed CWM as soon as i got home. and i was just sitting here thinking about switching out tomorrow until i found you can't even root the darn thing. i pray that the Z2 will not be locked down like this

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfist View Post
That was my experience. I "upgraded" through JUMP to the XPeria Z1 from a Samsung GIII that was rooted and running CyanogenMod.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize it can't be rooted, so I'm considering returning it. The backup apps I used on my previous phone all require root.

I switched to Android from an iPhone 6 months ago because I wanted the freedom of installing custom ROMs and using removable memory. Now, it seems there are few Android phones available that fit the bill...
i got the S5 and that phone is not locked down on T-mobile you can root, and install a Custom Recovery.

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebear8 View Post
man and i almost bought this phone it was this or the S5 and got the S5 and rooted and installed CWM as soon as i got home. and i was just sitting here thinking about switching out tomorrow until i found you can't even root the darn thing. i pray that the Z2 will not be locked down like this

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

i got the S5 and that phone is not locked down on T-mobile you can root, and install a Custom Recovery.
Zee phone is too darn expensive lol, or at least when s4 used to be the only one for sale, it was currently more expensive than the z1
Current device: Xperia Z1S C6916

Retired:Galaxy S3 I747, Galaxy Note I717

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 674
Quote:
Hey guys
Thank you very much
Nope. You can't flash anything on the Z1s that isn't what it already came with. (until root is released, and even then, maybe)