Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Error accessing Google servers after automatic update to 20140405

Tip us?

mrfernandez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Error accessing Google servers after automatic update to 20140405

Dears,

Sorry if this issue could been already answered, but I've not found it and I'm very desperate.

My SGS2 updated automatically to new CM 11.0 20140405, and after that it can't sync Google services: calendar, gmail, etc.
I've cleared cache and Dalvik, reinstalled GApps (the same I had and the lastest one), removed Google account... but even from this point, I'm not able to create a new one because I get the following message:

"Couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later".

Please, any solution?
Thanks in advance.

_LOSS_
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfernandez View Post
Dears,

Sorry if this....................... communicating with Google servers. Try again later".
[/B]
Please, any solution?
Thanks in advance.
Try reinstalling google-play services app seperately after installing GApps.
The Following User Says Thank You to _LOSS_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Dears,

Sorry if this issue could been already answered, but I've not found it and I'm very desperate.

My SGS2 updated automatically to new CM 11.0 20140405, and after that it can't sync Google services: calendar, gmail, etc.
I've cleared cache and Dalvik, reinstalled GApps (the same I had and the lastest one), removed Google account... but even from this point, I'm not able to create a new one because I get the following message:

"Couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later".

Please, any solution?
Thanks in advance.

Flash this GApps to solve your issues. Delete settings and cache of the google services before you flash the zip via recovery.
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrfernandez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your answers.
Before you both posted, I did those actions, but the error was still there.
So at last I had to wipe data, and it worked.
Will I have to do this every time I update CM version via OTA?

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for your answers.
Before you both posted, I did those actions, but the error was still there.
So at last I had to wipe data, and it worked.
Will I have to do this every time I update CM version via OTA?
Don't use OTA. Flash the rom and gapps via recovery after clearing cache and dalvik cache.

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrfernandez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Don't use OTA. Flash the rom and gapps via recovery after clearing cache and dalvik cache.

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk
Okay, I'll do it like you say next time. Thanks again!