Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] 4k video wont display on Smart Tv

OP chicagojoe12

22nd April 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 75

432 posts
The OP is not complaining about anything! I really wish people would read the question and if they have nothing helpful to add then not bother replying!

The question was simple, the phone can happily play a 4k video on its 1080p screen (It is not a 4k screen!) However when MIRRORING the 4k video will not play. The screen being mirrored is a 1080p screen so as such the video being played (despite it being a 4k video) is also being shown on the phone at 1080p yet it will not play. You are mirroring the screen not streaming the video in its native resolution. My view would also be that it should just mirror the screen without issue.

Can you provide a little more info;

Are you definitely mirroring the screen? Can you see your Launcher, an actual copy of your phones screen? My guess is that you are probably just sending files over individually which will probably not work.
If you are definitely mirroring, are you doing so wirelessly or over a cable etc...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread