Ask a question

No registration required

Q. About flashing older rom

OP Ztrindberg

21st April 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

322 posts
Hello. I have searched but not found any clear answer. I wonder if I have version MJ7 under AP can i then flash a older rom without problems?

Is it only if having kitkat then I can't flash older rom? Or is it even when being on jelly bean?

I ask because I need to keep knox ok but I want root. So i thought I flash a older rom and root and keep knox ok?
21st April 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
You won't be able to flash anything below MJ7 if that's what you currently have. And with MJ7 there is no way to root without tripping KNOX either I'm afraid.
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztrindberg

Hello. I have searched but not found any clear answer. I wonder if I have version MJ7 under AP can i then flash a older rom without problems?

Is it only if having kitkat then I can't flash older rom? Or is it even when being on jelly bean?

I ask because I need to keep knox ok but I want root. So i thought I flash a older rom and root and keep knox ok?

In addition to what @radicalisto wrote earlier...
even you are in KK, you can't flash older ROM. And yes, any newer ROM which come with a new bootloader, once u flash it, most possibilities, you can't go back to earlier one.
so, if you are now on MJ7, and plan to have KK on it, I suggest you update first before you root your device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

322 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

You won't be able to flash anything below MJ7 if that's what you currently have. And with MJ7 there is no way to root without tripping KNOX either I'm afraid.

Thank you. I thought it was possible when I am still on jelly bean. So I was wrong. Sad it's not possible to flash older.
On my Note 1 I could flash anything from jelly bean.
21st April 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

322 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

In addition to what @radicalisto wrote earlier...
even you are in KK, you can't flash older ROM. And yes, any newer ROM which come with a new bootloader, once u flash it, most possibilities, you can't go back to earlier one.
so, if you are now on MJ7, and plan to have KK on it, I suggest you update first before you root your device.

Ok thanks. I will not update to kitkat. Because I don't want to trip knox when rooting.

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:

Ok thanks. I will not update to kitkat. Because I don't want to trip knox when rooting.

Hehehe.
U r on the dead end at the moment if u need to root safely, since u r on MJ7 alrd. U stay or u upgrade, if u want root result is the same.
Difference only on how many times u need to reroot.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
The Following User Says Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 12

137 posts
Quote:

Have you tried kingo or Vroot?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

322 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddogishere

Have you tried kingo or Vroot?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

No i have not tried anything yet. Because I though I could flash older rom while I still was on jelly bean.

So sad this of Samsung. Really sad. Less freedom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread