Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Fix] Permanent Chinese CWM

Tip us?

simmer14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Talking [Fix] Permanent Chinese CWM

Hello

well i also faced this issue,if ur not aware of it then let me explain a liitle.. if you have upgraded to the latest version via OTA then there are some patch files in the system which do this trick.. so in order to get permanent recovery if u flashed it via ur phone with apps like flashify or recovery tools then you need to go to

System and there you will see a file with name Recoveryfromboot.p just delete that file and flash chinese cwm and ur done :]

btw i'll try to build the english cwm as soon as i get some free time.. thanx to burakgon for releasing the kernel sources..
The Following User Says Thank You to simmer14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1manshow
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Thanks simmer14, works perfectly after removing that file from system. So that confirms it's not bootloader lock issue. No idea why custom kernels and twrp not working then?

simmer14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manshow View Post
Thanks simmer14, works perfectly after removing that file from system. So that confirms it's not bootloader lock issue. No idea why custom kernels and twrp not working then?
i will build the cwm for our phone but i'm not getting any time to sit in front of my pc :'(

edit :

custum kernels are not working ? did you tried to compile one from the sources ? or the sources are not complete ?

1manshow
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I didn't tried to compile anything, but some guys did here -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712586

If you want, you can take a look there and contribute in your own way to resolve the issue. Thanks for your efforts so far though.