Ask a question

No registration required

How I solved novafusion CM11 battery problems

OP sigsegV-

22nd April 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Since I just made a new account I am unable to post in the development topic of this ROM, so mods feel free to close/move this thread elsewhere.

After flashing 20140418 I experienced similar battery problems at least shared with other 3 people. Essentially my battery wasn't able to charge up to 100% (stuck at 85%), and was completely drained in 3 hours. While I have been unable to trace the source of the problem (no 1ghz bug, didn't use OTG, battery was being drained without wifi/data, etc), I solved it doing the following procedure:
  • Charging up to the maximum possible (first time was 85%, second 94%, third finally 100%), with the phone powered down. Check that your wifi is off before shutting down your phone. This can take more than a night (second charge up to 94% took me 14 hours).
  • Drain your battery without data/wifi. I used benchmarks/screen-on to drain the battery faster.
  • Repeat the process.
For me each charge was faster than the previous one. Now it charges normally up to 100% and it's duration is normal (Sometimes I feel is worse, but I think it's just paranoia).

Hope this is useful for someone. Sorry in advance to mods in case this is wrong placed here.
The Following User Says Thank You to sigsegV- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread